Stroke Community
Hemorrhagic stroke

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Hemorrhagic stroke

My father had a stroke today...I just need some reassuring stories and prayers please! He lives >1000 miles away and I'm flying to see him in the morning but am losing my mind until then! He went to work this morning and had slurred speech and a headache so they called 911. They did a CT scan and it showed a 2-3 cm bleed. I guess they were optimistic at the time but then he had a bad seizure so they incubated him put him on the ventilator and induced coma. His next CT showed an increase in the bleed which I'm guessing is from pressure from the seizure. They are going to take him off the meds every once in a while to see how he does and the first time our pastor was there and asked him if he wanted him to pray with him and they said my dad responded slightly to let them know he wanted that and also he squeezed my step moms hand when told to. One neurosurgeon said it was in an inoperable area and another is on the fence about it but they would have to transfer him to another hospital for that. I feel so helpless I just need some positive stories to get me thru the night and however long it takes to get him better. I need hope and prayers please! I'm praying for all of you whose stories I've read!