I'm 21, did i have a TIA?
Last night i was playing video games, while talking to my girlfriend who was sitting on the bed. I started getting tingling sensations in my face, and told her. It was mild so i ignored it. Then the face tingled kept getting more intense and my eyes started twitching. Then BAM i lost total control of my hands and the video game controller fell to the ground. I immediately had my gf shut off the system as i sat there frozen. My hands clamped together and i was physically unable to move either hand. It was like my brain forgot how to use them, all i could do was sway my arms. The tingling feeling moved to my stomach which is where i thought i would die. I couldnt breath, and was loudly forcing myself to take deep breaths. My gf of course was crying and expected the worst. I looked in the mirror and i was pale and frowning, No way in hell could i move my face to smile, my brain forgot how to do that too. I layed down on the bed breathing as everything slowly came back to normal over a 30 minute period. My hands were the last to recover, as i sat there staring at them. My brain just wouldnt let me move them from the clamped position, very very creepy feeling. I could force my hands to spread out by fanning them out on the ground, but once i lifted them up - they clamped back immediately. I had no control. Now its the day after, and i am fine. 3 questions.

1. Did i have a major or minor stroke?
2. What should i do?
3. This isnt the first time my face has tingled like that. As far back as age 16 ive had situations where my face tingled but went away after 10-20 minutes. While fishing on a dock, running through the woods while camping. Those are 2 instances where i all of a sudden got the exact face tingle i had last night. What is happening to me???
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms of transient difficulty in movements could be just a natural occurrence, when people tend to stay in a particular position for long. But it could also be due to an entity called TIA or transient ischemic attack, which as the name indicates there is a temporary lack of blood flow to a particular part of the brain. This usually recovers, but these people are more prone for strokes. This could be more relevant if you are a smoker, are overweight, have a positive family history, are a diabetic and have hypertension. So, please have yourself evaluated.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.