Aa
A
A
Close
I'm 21, did i have a TIA?
Last night i was playing video games, while talking to my girlfriend who was sitting on the bed. I started getting tingling sensations in my face, and told her. It was mild so i ignored it. Then the face tingled kept getting more intense and my eyes started twitching. Then BAM i lost total control of my hands and the video game controller fell to the ground. I immediately had my gf shut off the system as i sat there frozen. My hands clamped together and i was physically unable to move either hand. It was like my brain forgot how to use them, all i could do was sway my arms. The tingling feeling moved to my stomach which is where i thought i would die. I couldnt breath, and was loudly forcing myself to take deep breaths. My gf of course was crying and expected the worst. I looked in the mirror and i was pale and frowning, No way in hell could i move my face to smile, my brain forgot how to do that too. I layed down on the bed breathing as everything slowly came back to normal over a 30 minute period. My hands were the last to recover, as i sat there staring at them. My brain just wouldnt let me move them from the clamped position, very very creepy feeling. I could force my hands to spread out by fanning them out on the ground, but once i lifted them up - they clamped back immediately. I had no control. Now its the day after, and i am fine. 3 questions.

1. Did i have a major or minor stroke?
2. What should i do?
3. This isnt the first time my face has tingled like that. As far back as age 16 ive had situations where my face tingled but went away after 10-20 minutes. While fishing on a dock, running through the woods while camping. Those are 2 instances where i all of a sudden got the exact face tingle i had last night. What is happening to me???
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms of transient difficulty in movements could be just a natural occurrence, when people tend to stay in a particular position for long. But it could also be due to an entity called TIA or transient ischemic attack, which as the name indicates there is a temporary lack of blood flow to a particular part of the brain. This usually recovers, but these people are more prone for strokes. This could be more relevant if you are a smoker, are overweight, have a positive family history, are a diabetic and have hypertension. So, please have yourself evaluated.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources