Insurance Exhausted; Can they kick you out?
Our insurance is about to run out after only 4 months and my husband is just now entering rehab. Can the hospital force him to leave when his insurance runs out? I cannot imagine he will be able to be home at that time.
You might want to talk with an attorney about this. I have heard that a hospital cannot unless they involve law enforcement. Usually, that would be bad PR for the hospital.
Good insurance is always a big help. But this is the USA. Major medical hospitals can not just kick you out. Our government has done some good things with our tax dollars. But I would agree with the last post, go see a medical attorney. If the hospital is making you and your husband feel threatened let the attorney know. Medical cases are taken without a retainer. If the hospital has mistreated you or your husband in anyway, and I mean anything tell a medical lawyer. Hospitals have the kind of money that lawyers like.