Stroke Community
Left Side Paralysis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left Side Paralysis

When does left side paralysis due to a stroke generally disappear?
Blank
241234_tn?1220984156
Well what you need to talk to your doctor about is what was damaged in the penumbra or bleed drainage areas. These spontaneously recover with lots of work. Ask you doctor what functions were in the dead brain area, these are incredibly hard to move to another location  in your brain. No-one will be able to help you do that, it is possible but you are basically on your own. penumbra would be hemi-paresis, dead brain would be hemi-plegia. You doctor will say they don't know anything so guilt-trip them when you ask what was the last stroke rehab research article they  read.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
757137_tn?1347200053
I think that recovery can take two years. But check with your neurologist. I am assuming that you are undergoing physical therapy.
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
I am sorry to add that in some cases the paralysis can be permanent, are both your limbs affected? My husband did regain some functional use of his leg with a brace but never did with the arm.....therapy is very important...good luck♥
Blank
241234_tn?1220984156
Well what you need to talk to your doctor about is what was damaged in the penumbra or bleed drainage areas. These spontaneously recover with lots of work. Ask you doctor what functions were in the dead brain area, these are incredibly hard to move to another location  in your brain. No-one will be able to help you do that, it is possible but you are basically on your own. penumbra would be hemi-paresis, dead brain would be hemi-plegia. You doctor will say they don't know anything so guilt-trip them when you ask what was the last stroke rehab research article they  read.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...