Stroke Community
MRI and Strokes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI and Strokes

Does an MRI always show signs of a stroke?  Especially within 24-48 hours?  I really think that my boyfriend, 48, had a mild stroke on Friday after Thanksgiving.  We went to the ER on Saturday morning because he had a really bad headache for days and it was right behind his right eye.  But, he was feeling sick in other ways like exhaustion, nausea, depression, etc.  He had a CT scan done on Saturday that showed a tumor below the right eye and the ER dr. said it was a blocked sinus.  However, by the next morning, his right eye was pointing off to the right when he would look ahead so we went back to the ER and he got an MRI.  They said the MRI was normal.  Would an MRI show a stroke this early or in all cases?  The dr. never suggested an antibiotic for the sinuses and he has never felt stopped up.  I am worried that they are missing something here.