MRI and Strokes
Does an MRI always show signs of a stroke?  Especially within 24-48 hours?  I really think that my boyfriend, 48, had a mild stroke on Friday after Thanksgiving.  We went to the ER on Saturday morning because he had a really bad headache for days and it was right behind his right eye.  But, he was feeling sick in other ways like exhaustion, nausea, depression, etc.  He had a CT scan done on Saturday that showed a tumor below the right eye and the ER dr. said it was a blocked sinus.  However, by the next morning, his right eye was pointing off to the right when he would look ahead so we went back to the ER and he got an MRI.  They said the MRI was normal.  Would an MRI show a stroke this early or in all cases?  The dr. never suggested an antibiotic for the sinuses and he has never felt stopped up.  I am worried that they are missing something here.  

I hope you are going well know & have found some answers to your questions.  I hope that they are not stroke related.

I had my MRI 4 days post stroke (I had a couple CT's earlier to rule out a bleed) & the images show my stroke in its full glory LOL.  I imagine but don't know, that the damage would have been visible earlier.

HTH

sue_in_oz