Stroke Community
.Medication
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

.Medication

My husband had a Tia Feb 2012 at 48yrs. He has been on the same medication since then. He has never been the same, he is always tired still have tingling and feels like spider webs are on his skin anyone else with this problems should he get a second opinion on so many medication that may be causing side effects?
He is taking 7 meds.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

His symptoms could be side effects of the medications. Therapy for TIAs is focused on improving the blood supply with blood thinners like Plavix and controlling high risk factors like diabetes or hypertension. Please consult your doctor for the side effects; he may change the dosage or the medications.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Thanks for response.  I will ask the Doctor.  Should I also ask about adding vitamins like B12 for more energy ?.
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The tingling sensations he is having are otherwise referred to as neuropathy. It is a disorder of the nerves which causes numbness, tingling, unusual sensations and sometimes pain. Diabetes Mellitus can cause neuropathy. Hope diabetes has been ruled out. Other causes like vitamin deficiencies, alcohol consumption and certain medications can cause neuropathy. So, besides his medications vitamin deficiency could also cause neuropathy, so vitamin supplements will help.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank