Stroke Expert Forum
Misdiagnosed stroke?

This Ask-a-Doctor forum is for questions and information regarding Strokes.

Misdiagnosed stroke?

My father suffered a stroke (hemorrhagic) a few years ago. He was being treated by a neurologist at the time prior to his stroke. His symptoms included dizziness, nausea, bluured vision and severe headaches. They diagnosed him with just "vetigo".They perscribed him paxil and meclizine. (He recieved an MRI for his condition). Within the same year he suffered the stoke. (He was evaluated by this clinic for a year before the stroke)

Was this a missed sign? To me it seemed like he was suffering mini-stroke that led to the stroke.

I would like to know if there are neurologist that would help me with reviewing the MRI prior to the stroke to see if there was any indication that a stroke was in fact occuring, or a future stroke was possible?

I will be willing to pay for your time....I cant afford a massive amount. He does have insurance and I can pay whatever might be accumulated. (I have a copy which was provided to me by the clinic)

I would like an out of state Neurologist, so that there is no bias (Here in Ga.)

Thank you for your time,
Kevin White
Dear Friend,
I will not be able to refer your father, to any specific Neurosurgeon.
Any famous clinic/medical center would be able to help you out for this concern.
Regards