Stroke Expert Forum
Misdiagnosed stroke?
About This Forum:

This Ask-a-Doctor forum is for questions and information regarding Strokes.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Misdiagnosed stroke?

My father suffered a stroke (hemorrhagic) a few years ago. He was being treated by a neurologist at the time prior to his stroke. His symptoms included dizziness, nausea, bluured vision and severe headaches. They diagnosed him with just "vetigo".They perscribed him paxil and meclizine. (He recieved an MRI for his condition). Within the same year he suffered the stoke. (He was evaluated by this clinic for a year before the stroke)

Was this a missed sign? To me it seemed like he was suffering mini-stroke that led to the stroke.

I would like to know if there are neurologist that would help me with reviewing the MRI prior to the stroke to see if there was any indication that a stroke was in fact occuring, or a future stroke was possible?

I will be willing to pay for your time....I cant afford a massive amount. He does have insurance and I can pay whatever might be accumulated. (I have a copy which was provided to me by the clinic)

I would like an out of state Neurologist, so that there is no bias (Here in Ga.)

Thank you for your time,
Kevin White