Stroke Community
My dad

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

My dad

My dad who is 86 just had a stroke and heart failure about 7 days ago, the doctors didn't give him much of a chance to live. My Mom who is 87 is causing trouble with all of us kids ( 3 daughters and 3 son- in-laws ) She is acting like she wants him to die. She is making all of the plans for when he dies without taking into account on what he wanted. She wants a big event and he just wanted to be cremated. All of the kids wants him to have it the way he wanted to but she said she is going to do it her way. Then 3 days after he had the attack he started to do much better, I was in the hospital room when she came in and saw how much better he was doing and I couldn't believe my eyes, she was mad, I mean really mad, she wouldn't say anything she wouldn't come over to his bed all she wanted to know was when did this happen, and you could tell by the look on her face and the way she asked the question she was not happy. What I want to know is why is she acting like this, I don't think she wants him to live. She is always fighting with us kids and telling us things about my dad to try and make us upset with him, of course it's not working. I try to think that she is just under a lot of stress, except when she is with her friends is acts like she is the loving wife. So not only are all of us kids worried about my dad and what is going to happen to him, but now we have to worry about our mom. It's like she is trying to make this all about her. What's going on with her.
Thank you for any input.