Stroke Community
My father had a stroke last week, and is still in a coma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Last week my father had a stroke he is 45 years old, and he is in the Army and was stationed in Germany at the time.  It took approximatley 45 minutes to reach the closest hospital.  He was diagnosed with a Hemorrhagic Stroke.  He has been in a Coma since last week today will make it the 9th day of being in a Coma.  He has no funtions of his body, and isnt able to open his eyes, i have noticed on one occasion that he moved his eyes but thats the only sign of life i have seen in him.  I have a few questions and please be honest, and let me know the truth becuase I know some German but i cant translate everything.  I want to know what the chances of his recovery are, not to the point of walking normal, talking normal i know thats unlikely if not impossible.  I want to know if he'll be able to move again, or if hes ever going to wake up.  I know each case is different and thats the frustrating part about a stroke to me that no one can give a definate answer.  I would just like some statistics, or something, becuase i feel like i am getting nothing over here.  To whomever responds to this post thank you so much for your time, me and my family greatly appreciate it!