My newborn had a stroke
My newborn had a stroke. does anybody know someone who had a stroke that young? Please help

You poor thing :(  It must be so tough for you right now, please make sure that you look after yourself so you can look after you bubby.

I have to preface my response by saying I personally have no experience or training with regard to paediatric stroke.  My sister is a paediatric intensive care nurse consultant & has told me of a few babies she had cared for that had strokes.  So while not common, it does happen, so hopefully you will be able to get some support relatively close to where you live.

On the positive side, the neural pathways in babies are only starting to form, the brain is still growing.  So best case scenario your baby will form the usual pathways just with a different routing to others.  The brain is a marvellous organ in its ability to do this (I just wish for my case, I had a complete back up ;) ).

All the very best, my thoughts are with you.

Kind regards

Sue
Thank you that makes me feel more hopeful.