Need Ideas
Mom had a massive stroke in July affecting her right side and speech.  We want to "work" with her but dont know what to do.  Any ideas would be great.  She talks a little bit but it seems like the words get stuck.  Id like to do fun things with her but dont want to discourage her in any way shape or form.

Looking for ideas on physical therapy although she is over weight and stuck in a wheel chair.  she can only move her left side.

looking for any thing that i can do with her to make her brain work while i am there

looking for any thing that can be done while im Not there
Ask your therapists for therapies that do not require physical movement like mental imagery, mirror-box therapy, thermal therapy,music therapy, passive movement. If they do not know of these they are way behind in keeping up with research. Good luck.
Dean
Hi My husband also has had a stroke on the right side seven months ago and was wheelchair bound and after getting released from hospital there is no help so I have tried:mirror therapy, Isokenetic exercises, hypnosis - www.wendi.com/html/stroke.html, speech therapy. I have just purchased a muscle stimulator as it is really important for their muscles not to tighten up as when he came out of hospital he had a frozen shoulder and tendonosis of the arm. (Now I am looking for someone to show me how to work the thing)

He is now walking with a quad stick and me walking behind him, his speech is about 98% but no arm movement but every now and then a little in some fingers.

The problem is according to all the articles I have read it takes hours and hours a day consistently to get their brains to re route and I don't have the time available to spend with him and to keep him motivated to keep working.