Stroke Community
Numbness in Forearms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Numbness in Forearms

My forearms go numb and feel like lead weights. It happens a couple of times in a row sometimes or can have a gap of time, sometimes short and sometimes long. Do have high blood pressure and a heart murmur. Am I having mild heart attacks (although I feel no pain in my heart) or a mini stroke(s)?
Angela
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and sorry for the late reply.

If the numbness is due to a cardiac cause, it should be aggravated by exercise and usually occurs only in the left arm. It could be due to TIA or transient ischemic attack, which as the name indicates there is a temporary lack of blood flow to a particular part of the brain. This usually recovers, but these people are more prone for strokes. And the third possibility is cervical spondylosis. You may be having a nerve compression at the cervical (neck) level. The nerve compression could be due to an osteophyte, growth or a disc. This could be causing the numbness in the hands. So, please have yourself evaluated.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.