Stroke Community
Other symptoms possibly relating to TIA
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Other symptoms possibly relating to TIA

I have had several medical conditions that I feel are all interconnected but I am not sure. First off, I was born a week late, I was a blue baby with non functioning lungs and had to be put under intensive life support, motor skill development classes, and intensive neurological care for possible brain damage from hypoxia. I currently have pectus excavatum, basically my ribs are collapsed and there is a danger of them crushing my lungs and heart. I had a full echo done to check for any potential hazards but it came back 100% clean. However, I experience ocassional heart pains and am unable to stand up straight because I can't get enough oxygen (I can't hold for more than 2 minutes if that). During these moment when I am forced to stand up straight- like playing violin-
I occasionally experience TIA like symptoms. My vision goes black, I'm confused, my hands feel weak, and I feel dizzy. However, these symptoms last for maybe a minute if that. This occurs randomly. Sometimes up to 3 times a month,sometimes not at all. I also have experienced about two or three times that my vision dissapears. It can either be blurry to the point where I can't identify faces or anything at all, or like a massive blind spot that stretches through my entire eye- unable to make out anything if I look straight at it, I have to look from the side if my eyes. These can last up to an hour, and aren't occurring around the same time as my possible TIA rather coming gradually. I do have perfect vision though normally.

My questions-
Is what I am experiencing TIA?
What is causing it? Lack of oxygen due to my concave chest?
What's causing my vision problems? Are they connected to TIA?
What should I do the next time I have TIA or my vision problems?
Thanks!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...