Stroke Community
Outpatient rehab

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Outpatient rehab

After going home from the inpatient rehab center, is it necessary to follow up with visiting the the outpatient rehab center regularly or just continue at home the rehab exercise which be taught at rehab center?
Hello Dear,
If the recovery is good the exercises can be continued at home.You can consult your neurologist  regarding this,but it is always good that you go to an outpatient rehab centre as long as you can for you get more personal care there.You can also appoint some one from the centre to give you home visits.
Best

I had a stroke (hemorrhagic) Sept. 1, 2007.  I came home 6 weeks later with ot &  pt home visits.  This lasted for about a month.  It was recommended that I be on outpatient ot& pt.  The ot & pt sessions at the hospital were more extensive and helpful from that at home.  I'm now able to walk (somtimes I need a cane), I'm able to drive and have went back to work (since May 1).   Get all the therapy you can and BE PATIENT!.
Thanks, Jim08, for sharing. Happy for you and your family for your speed recovery. Do you have any info regarding the speech therapy? Any good method(s) or way for improvement?