Stroke Community
Pain in Half the face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Pain in Half the face

Hello, this is a question regarding my mother. A month ago, she nearly had a stroke, or that's what the doctor says. The left side of her face got numb and she couldn't move any part of it. Now she says that the other half of her face hurts-like her eyelid and cheek- and it even hurts when merely touching it. It's hard for her to eat, drink, and brush her teeth. Would this have anything to do with her back? Because she also said that when we went to the beach a couple of weeks ago, a wave hit her and her back began to hurt a lot for almost a week. Please help me find out what is wrong with my mother, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you!