Stroke Community
Post stroke fatigue
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post stroke fatigue

I suffered a stroke 7 months ago, my recovery has been good however I suffer from extreme fatigue on a daily basis which effects my ability to progress further. Can anyone recommend/advise on ways that will help with this extreme fatigue.

Thanks
Unless you have thyroid or some other medical problem, I would say that your body is still healing after your stroke. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion for you.  To have made good progress is remarkable.  Appreciate that.  Things could have been far worse.  

Not to scare you, but I had a stroke 5 years ago.  I have also been very fortunate to have made good progress, but I still need at least 12 hours of sleep a night or my migraines (caused by my stroke) get terrible.  

I'll be interested if anyone else has any suggestions for you, but I think that you just need to give it more time.  Don't overdo things so that you could have a further medical problem.  Take care.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...