Pregnancy after a stroke
I had a stroke March 16, 2013 at age 22. My only baby was 10 months at the time. I was lucky enough to get out of the hospital walking and talking. My right arm is the only thing that bothers me feeling a little tingly or a slight numb. I was put on an aspirin for life and on simvastatin. I now have one week since I stopped taking my simvastatin. I now want to try to conceive but my doctor suggested I stop simvastatin three months prior to trying due to it may cause birth deffects. I want to know if anyone has gotten pregnant after a stroke and how it went for you? Oh and after my stroke all I think about most of the time is of the stroke, having another stroke, or dying due to a stroke. I guess I am traumatized now. Does anyone else suffer from this?
Hi, understand your anxiety. If the lipid levels are adequately controlled, you can taper off the stanins and make the shift towards natural ways to control the lipid levels. And as you are already on aspirin, its unlikely that you will suffer another stroke. Hope diabetes and hypertension have been adequately controlled or ruled out. As there is no residual effect due to the stroke, you will not face problems with conception or delivery. So, don’t worry and good luck.
i had a stroke at age 20 and am now 4 months pregnant. everything seems to be fine. i am also on aspirin for life. did they check for a PFO in your heart? when you give birth and you have that it could release a clot. a PFO is a hole in your heart. otherwise i think you should be good to go :) ask your doctor for sure though.
ps the anixety ***** but over time it will fade i promise!
best of luck to you!!