Pregnancy and stroke
I am 36 years old and had a stroke.  The doctors believe it was a result of a lesion on my heart valve in which the pill contributed.  My husband and I have been trying for years but I have PCOS and now have had this stroke. I fear that we will never be able to have children.  Has anyone had IVF and been successful after a stroke?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, stroke may not cause problems with conception, so please don’t worry. If there is residual paralysis, it may cause problems with labor. And about PCOD, don’t worry as the commonest cause for irregular menstruation and anovulatory (eggless) cycles is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, where in due to hormonal irregularities the person has symptoms of irregular menstruation, weight gain, insulin resistance (diabetes) and excess androgenic activity causing facial hair. But the good news is that with medication the anovulatory cycles can be made ovulatory (with eggs) and the periods will also be regularized. And have your husband’s semen analyzed. Discuss these options with your doctor when you happen to meet him next time.  Hope this helped and Do Take Care.