Stroke Community
Right Thalamic Bleed
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Right Thalamic Bleed

My wife aged 56 suffered a massive bleed in the right brain in October 2009. She was found unconscious in the morning at a shopping centre and she spend 7 days CGH, 49 days TTSH and 69 days at AMK-Thye Hua Kuan Hospital. Presently, she is recuperating at home and going for 3 times weekly for DayRehabCare at St Andrew CH and accupunture at CGH TCM. Doctor at TTSH has certified her as vegetative but my family and me all knew my wife have a very strong and tough character that even doctors in the hospital told us that her surviving rate is very low of about 1 to 2 per cent only upon admission but she's still with us after 9 nine months and improving but a very slow pace. She has not been able to move her hand and leg and also unable to talk or listen to command except moving her eye and make contact with us when we talk to her but she was able to grip and hold tightly with both her hand when we hold her hand. She was not on any medications from the doctors upon discharged which show that she have no sickness whatsoever when this sudden stroke hit her. Hopefully someone can help by giving us some advise other than what we have done for her to help her moving forward with her life. Thank you.