Stroke Community
SKULL SURGERY IS OPENNING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

SKULL SURGERY IS OPENNING

I had 2 tumors removed 5 yrs ago, open skull and supposed to have had some type of mesh put on my openings, but over the yrs I have headaches, I also get this sharp pains in a CERTAIN section of my head and my hair falls, before the surgery my hair and nails never grew for over 3 yrs I notice this problem, now my hair falls alot, but what worries me is that my incision is openning up every day is more and more, I lost my job so I don't have insurance and the neuro surgon secretary told me that because I did not have insurance I could not be seen by this doctor, even if I paid cash. and she told me that the opening was normal.  the headaches are bad is there anyone out there with any problems like mine,
Tags: skull, worry
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Is there any discharge or bleeding from the opening? If the wound is open it can get infected. If you cannot meet your neuro surgeon, consult your GP first, he will examine the wound, make an initial assessment and may refer you to a neurologist if needed. In the meantime you can take OTC naproxen for relief from pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.