Stroke Community
Seizures and tongue biting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Seizures and tongue biting

My wife (59yo) had a severe stroke March 12, 2007.  She can walk and talk, but has serious cognitive, sequencing, and logic limitations.  She can't add or subtract or read more than one line at a time.  She has had 3 seizures and tongue bitings late a night.  I don't know if she bit her tongue and it caused a panic attack with a minute of convulsions and then about 15 - 20 minutes of unconsciousness and unresponsiveness.  I wonder if she severely bit her tongue because of the seiszer or if a seizure caused her to bit her tongue.  Her last seizure happened while she was getting into bed in the middle of the night after going to the bath room.  There was no fall or hitting of her mouth which would cause her to bit her to severely bite her tongue.  My guess is that she bit her tongue by accident which triggered serious pain which caused a panic attack.  Has anyone had any similar experience like this?  Also which are the best Stroke Rehab Centers in the US?  Thanks