Stroke Community
Seizures?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Seizures?

My 28 year old health son, informed me on 4-30-13 that he had a headache for @ 6 days.  2 weeks before that he indicated that he think he fainted in the bathroom because he woke up in the bathtub askew and the shower curtain was torn down around him.  He also indicated when telling me that he thought he fainted that the last thing he remembered was going into the bathroom and looking in the mirror.  This past Friday night, the called me from his cell phone saying the following repeadetly - "I think I had a wreck; the car is in the woods.  I don't know where I am."  When I got a chance to interject, he then indicated th epolice was on the scene and put me on the phone with them.  The office said the car was off the road in th ewoods and that my son was disorented.  I was allowed to pick him up from the scene.    We came home to searche for his wallet because he did not know where it was, nor did he remember his ago or things that had happened to him previous in the day.  I took him to the emergency room.  For the next 2-3 hours he asked me (approximately 100-150 times) where was his car.  A the ER a CT scan as done, he was given an IV and a referral to a neurologist as well as seizure medication.  Maternal family history - high blood pressure and I (his mother) have a migrane (migraine) diagnosis.  Paternat medical history - his aut's two children have 'fainting spells' and his great uncle had them as well.  I haven;t obtained a medical name/diagnosis of these 'faintin spells' yet.  My son also was hit in the head with a baseball bat around the age of 7 that resulted in a mild concussion.  He played high school and college football and substained a concussion playing football while in 10th grade.  He also broke his ankle playing college footbal which resulted in surgery and a metal plate was fused to his bones to repair his broken ankle.  ER doctors think he had a seizure @ the wheel of the car.  I am totally uninformed, am not a doctor and don't think he has eplipesy or seizures.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
You need to get your son to a neurologist as was recommended.  Or you might post your question in the health forum "Neurology" instead of under "stroke".  It's too complicated for me to comment any further. Good luck.
I'm an epileptic and actually had a fainting spell like you described in the bathroom.A CT scan and x-rays were done,showing no problems.My neurologist said the incident was a "fluke".So it wasn't blamed on the epilepsy.

Until your son is seen by a neurologist,you can only guess what is wrong.One should never guess about the health!