Severe Hemorrhagic Stroke
My Dad is 66 years old. He's wasn't in the best of health, but wasn't in poor health either. He suffered a severe hemorrhagic stroke where the anuerism burst causing a bleed on his brain that was 10 centimeters by 6 centimeters on the right side of his brain, covering all three lobes on his right side. The operated to stop the bleed and were able to close the skull back up with just a drain left in. The drain was removed and he was moved from ICU to and LTAC center. They replaced his breathing tube with a Trach before he was transported and put feeding tubes in his stomach.

He didn't open his eyes after the stroke for almost a week, and even then, he was still classified in a coma. His stroke was 5 weeks ago. He's been in the LTAC center for 3 weeks. They finally took him out of a coma status 2 weeks ago, but he is still not very responsive. He has not spoken and does not seem to recognize faces. He opens his eyes at times, but when you look in his eyes, there doesn't seem to be much there. He does a few functions on command, but not much more. They are trying to ween him off of the ventilator, but he is struggling with that. He was just diagnosed with a MRSA infection and pneumonia. They have not done an EEG or a cat scan for 4 weeks.

At this point, I am looking for answers on what to expect. Are we just prolonging the inevitable and making him miserable, or is there hope for some kind of a life for him after this? What questions should we be asking the doctors?