Severe brain stem stroke
My father is 72 years old and had a brain stem stroke 9 days back. He is in ICU for last 9 days and is in coma state. The doctors have put him on ventilator, his effort for respiration is 15 percent and rest is on ventilator. the doctors have told that he has got severe brain stem damage. when doctors do pinch his legs or feet to check the reflexes, he moves his leg. when initially he got stroke that was accompanied with cardiac arrest. but the doctor immediately handled that part. 9 days before, he showed signs of initial brain stem stroke(TIA) with high blood pressure, but was not treated in that time.
The doctors have taken all the ct scans and mri reports and said that he has got a severe brain stem stroke.
I am looking for a second expert opinion and have all the reports of ct scans and mri images with me. when doctors say that brain stem is severely damaged, what are the survival chances. Can he come out of the coma.because all his other vital organs are fine so far. we are very much concerned. I am ready to contact personally an expert doctor about this case. Please respond immediately, because we want to save our dad from this disaster.Thanks in advance.
my sister had brainstem stroke, was in a coma for 9 days, when she woke, she was able to speak, but after a couple of days stopped speaking can answer yes and no, but doesn't seem to really understand, is this a normal reaction for this kind of a stroke ?