Smelly hand post brain hemorrhage
The hand effected by my husband's brain hemorrhage has had a smell to it ever since the stroke.  We have tried numerous soaps to try and remove the smell but it always comes back.  Would like to know what causes this and if there is a treatment for this.  It is the left side of his body that was effected but only the hand has the strong odor.  He is able to partially extend fingers so it's not closed up completely.  Thank you.
Not being there, AND not being qualified at medical expertise, I can only make a guess at the "smelly hand."
I'm a stroke survivor, and suffer from some discomfort and sweating, only on my right side of the body.
I'd suspect that "smelly hand" is the result of bacteria growth, due to "sweat" and/or grease buildup.
Probably try NOT using any creams or ointments on the hand, that promote bacteria growth (or, feel "greasy").
You might try Epson salt soaking of the hand and/or 3% hydrogen peroxide soaking (drug store, over-the-counter h2o2). I'd try for conditions that limit the growth of bacteria, hence "smelly hand."
Also keep finger nails relatively short, and the cuticles clean. Watch for any signs of infection. As always, seek "qualified" medical advice.
Perform stretching, limbering exercises of the hand (and arm).

-sdenne