Stroke Community
Storke Cause by Menstruation In Pre Menopause?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Storke Cause by Menstruation In Pre Menopause?

I am 51 years old and had a stroke when I was 46. I still get regular, horrible, painful periods. I have fibroids. Anyway I had planned on leaving my utererus in and let menopause shrink the fibroids naturally. Now I am wondering if my periods were the cause of my stroke. Anybody heard of this? I am on no medication except a low dose of Paxil and I take an aspirin a day. No other medical issues.  I am really very healthy and recovered well from the stroke. They never did find out what caused the stroke. I wasn't on any hormones either.
Thanks for your ideas and help!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You didn't specify what kind of a stroke you had but it's very unlikely your heavy periods caused your stroke.  
Blank
I am a 46 year old healthy woman and suffered a ischemic stroke.  I have loss of the cerebelum of the right side.  I have recovered with little physical problems outside of balance at times but they were unable to find a reason for the stroke itself.  Neurologist explain that all clotting, vein, and heart issues are excellent and am left with the issue of premenopause issues.  Does anyone have any experience with this and can offer me some explanation?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank