Stroke Community
Stroke
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stroke

My father had a stroke 5 years ago and has not yet fully recovered my question is that prior to his stroke he went to the doctor with neck pain and blurred vision and headaches the doctor sent him for a MRI should the MRI have show the clot he is blocked 100 percent n his cartiod artery I just need to know if this could of been prevented
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
8221281_tn?1397574572
Stacy, you will need to have your father or his power of attorney if he has one go to the place he had his MRI done. Request 1. A DVD or CD of the MRI films and 2. the radiology report.
If the clinic is wondering why it is needed, simply state it is needed for a comparison at another clinic. Since the MRI was done 5 years ago they may not be able to provide a disc. If they are unable to provide a disc or films then just get the radiology report but try to get the films. The information you are looking for should be there. If the radiology report does not state anything that answers your question you can have another neurlogist review the films/CD.
Blank
Thanks you and I have a cd that shows his neck on both sides
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979