Stroke Community
Stroke HELP!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Stroke HELP!!!

I had a stroke as well a couple of months ago.. About a week ago my head started hurting and my eye lid started twitching a little. My hand and fingers have been numb since the stroke so im not as worried about that. I just dont want to have another stroke that is a lot worse then the one I had. I'm 21 and I dont know what to do... I also read that a lot of people have another stroke within the year of there first stroke. I hope im not just being paranoid, but I would really apprieciate it if someone could give me some feedback!
i had stroke in april n i m planning to travel back  to my country n its abot 13 hrs flight can i travel m paralised on my right side n always have pain in my leg n shoulder   n they r very swallen is it advuiseable to trqavel      plse send me a mail advising me wht to do          many suggest tht i go to  india n seek treatment i just want to walk n be able to use my right hand n leg n move more    pls help me

Wondering if you have had extensive physical therapy to help both your pain and your abilities?  That is most important.  And physical therapy is most helpful in the first 6 months to a year.  Can you stay sitting for that long at a time?  If not, could you divide up the trip?  But even getting across the ocean is a long time.  Can you ask your doctor for advice?  Let me know.  Wish you the best.
My 75 yr old mother was admitted to the hospital last Wed evening due to pnumonia. She had been diagnosed with pnumonia 10 days earlier and taking antibiotic.  Early the following morning she had an acute stroke. Her Nuerologist (she loves) and General Dr (she loves too) met me when I arrived while both physicians are professional I took 1 look at them and knew it was not good.  Her stroke was always fatal.  Left side-so right side was paralyzed.   She was moved from ICU today to PCU.  As I sit here next to her she is breathing without oxygen assistance - a purple of hours now.  She can feel u tickle her right foot.  She hears and comprehends.  Also, she sat in chair for an hr.  we have a long road ahead--but will take it.  The Brain and the human will is POWERFUL.  My mother suffers from essential tremors. Her Nuerologist says "she is amazing and she just wants to show all he was wrong"
Good for you for having such an excellent attiude.  You are right to acknowledge and celebrate any life and ability that she has.  THAT will help her enormously.  The two of you are exceptional I can see.
I know exactly how you feel.  I've been paralized too.  It's been 8 years since I had my stroke.  I worked my arm with one of those stretch bands.  I wrapped it under my leg and pulled with my arm.  I got strengh back in my arm.  With my leg, I would hold onto a bar  and just start bending my my affected side.  I only gained some strengh, but it didn't heal me.  Now---- I discovered a pillr that has really been like a miracle.  Neurotin - it works on your nerves on the affected side.  It literally wakes your body up.  (regarding you taking a trip - I personally wouldn't do it)  unless you feel compelled to do it - then just go ----