Stroke Community
Stroke Rehab Progress - Tips

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Stroke Rehab Progress - Tips

My dad suffered a stroke approx. 2 months ago.  He was in the hospital for about 5 weeks, doing rehab, etc.  Now he is home and goes to rehab 3 times a week.  He can now get up and walk with a cane wearing a brace, but he still very little movement in his arm (right side of the body).  He is trying to get better but I can still see that he is sad about the whole thing.  Is there anything I can recommend for rehab at home to help work on getting movement on his arm?  Also, his hand is very swollen.

Thanks for any feedback and help you can provide.
Tags: Stroke, Rehab, treatment, Acupuncture, Work, get better
Avatar n tn
Acupuncture
Avatar n tn
ask his occupational therapist for any exercises that he can do everyday at home.  They should help with that.  The more he does the ex's the better his chances of using the arm again
Avatar n tn
Thank you for you recommendations