Stroke Community
Stroke and low grade fever
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stroke and low grade fever

my father suffored a Stroke 120 days ago.  He is currently recieving about 80% of his food through a tube in his stomach.  He is currently on Kumeden (blood thinner) and has a heart arrhythmia.  

Question: When he does too much (and that is not much at all) he runs a low grade fever.  Why and should I be overly concerned?  he is currently 1,000 miles away w/ my terminally ill (cancer) mother.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
People who have had a stroke often have the inability to control their body temperature as well as they once did.
You should ask for a medical opinion, but there's nothing to worry about as long as the variation isn't extreme.
Low grade is OK.
Blank
Thanks for the follow-up
Blank
how do you know if it still a low grade fever. my father in law suffered a stroke which paralyzed the right side of his body. his stroke happened more than two weeks ago. now he has fever and is experiencing chills. will his fever cause his blood pressure to move up again? we're afraid he might suffer another attack.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...