Stroke
My mother had a massive brain hemorrhage 21 days ago in her front left lobe. She has been in a coma ever since. her bleed has hardly receded. She is 77 years old but was extremely active right up to the onset of the stroke. I have been extremely worried because the doctors don't know why she is till in a coma or why her bleed has not receded. Should it take so long? If anyone has been in the same situation, please share your experiences with me....
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Worrying about our loved ones is so consuming. All I can offer is to ask your mother's Neurologist what the plan is. Ask for an idea of what to expect, it will help make you feel a little better. If they can't give you a plan... I'd say bull! It just sounds to me like a lack of communication here bc the docs need to give you more information.

I used to work in a cardiac ICU and I would tell my family members who couldn't be there when the doctors made their rounds to call the doctor's office and page the doctor. Most docs don't mind answering legitimate questions, and I figure that keeping families informed is part of what they are there for. Hopefully you'll get some answers today. I know if it were me I would want to know the game plan for my mom.

M