Stroke Community
Sudden memory loss.......

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Sudden memory loss.......

I am a 38 year old female..who is having sudden memory loss..Yesterday I had to run some errands and was out for about 20 minutes , I was on my way home and about 10 minutes from the house when I made a left turn and that is all I remember..The next thing I knew was that I pulled onto my street , parked and wondered how I was home and how I got there..I lost about 10 minutes of time and can't remember how I got from the left turn 10 minutes away to the house at all...the trip is actually tricky and has several turns on several streets..I can't even remember one detail about the drive , not even a house, car , sign etc... What could have happened? Why can't I remember driving home after a certain point? How did I get home safely with no memory of it?? Should I be concerned..
I also failed to mention that I had a severe headache around my left temple and in the back of my left eye , as well as pain in my jaw on the left side ...
Has this ever happened to you before? Were you tired when this happened? Medications?
Perhaps you should schedule an appointment for a complete physical. You might want to include a MRI/MRA of the brain.
There could be so many possibilities causing this to happen. The pain may have nothing to do with your short memory loss or it could be an issue.
It has happened to me. I would be riding my motorcycle on a long trip (hours) using the major highways. I suspect the boredom, vibrations, lack of stimulus (traffic) and being relaxed might have put the memory part of my brain "to sleep" in a sense. It never seemed to happen when my adrenalin was up slightly due to close traffic at high speeds or sensing other "perceived" traffic dangers. Only when I was relaxed and bored.
Are you on statins for cholesterol?  They can cause sudden memory loss
Did u ever find out the cause of your symptoms as a friend has suffered exactly the same. ct scan & lumber punch clear??