Stroke Community
Symptoms After TIA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Symptoms After TIA

I am a 40 year old female and I live very healthy. I had an unexpected TIA on January 15 which was confirmed with MRI during 2 day hospital stay. Echo and TEE confirmed PFO, which is a hole between the right and left ventricle which should have closed in infancy. Otherwise, everything checked out great. I am wondering if anyone can remember how long the after effects lasted. I am very easily fatigued and get out of breath easily. I have periodic chills. Sometimes I shake and feel a bit nauseas. I feel dizzy or light-headed a lot. I am clumsier and more disconnected. I have periodic ringing in the ears. My memory and word recall has been horrible. Sometimes my right arm feels weak. I do have appointments scheduled with a Cardiologist and Neurologist. I am just wondering if this is normal and how long until it subsides. Anyone remember these symptoms? Anyone still have them? I know that it has only been 2 weeks and that there must be some sort of healing process going on. Thanks!
Greetings...

You feel this way due to your heart not pumping correctly causing poor blood circulation to your brain, hence not enough oxygen and nutrients receive to brain neurons.

Anyway you need a lot of rest and take medication and diet as prescribed by your doctor.

On second opinion its sound critical, better admit yourself to hospital or call 911 because massive stroke can be serious.

Sometime heart problems can be genetics.

Warmest regards...aidle
I went to the hospital this past wednesday..  At first my arm had a tingling sensation go down it...then a bunch of pain and then numbness...then my whole left side of the body went weak and numb....my chest was tight and it was hard to breathe...i got a headache and started shivering and was really cold.  They did an ekg  and by the time the dr saw me and tesst were run my pain and numbness went away...the tested my strenght by squeezing their hands....i hardley had strenght on my left side of my body. I amd 35 and the dr came in and said the ekg showed something but not enough to have my symptoms...after 10 hours in th er...he perscribed me pain pills...i told him i do not want them and it was not that kind of pain...he tried to get me to take it anyway...so i asked him..do you hurt, he said no, the i told him what he told me. it wont hurt to take them.

so far the last two days i get tired easily and short of breath...i can hardley do anything without getting dizzy or a headache. I thought i was better today so i drove 5 minutes to the store...i blacked out at the store..i was dizzy, vision was weird, i was sweating and hot.  I had my daughter with me and talked the out of calling an ambulance...i called into my dr. and apparently she did not get the message..she has always called me back.

The dr at the er said i was fine...so i asked why is my entire left side weak, heavy, and just feeld strange? his answer...call your primary care physician.

I know i had a tia..my family has all kinds of heart trouble and strokes...My grandmother had a heart attack at 36. so i do not know what to do.