Stroke Community
TGS/TIA/STROKE????
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

TGS/TIA/STROKE????

Hi, my mother is currently admitted in the hospital. Last night she complained of a weak wrists..and weak foot.she said she seemed floating..dizziness and her tounge is dry. We checked her BP and it was 130/90. I heard her talking gibberishly and she starts to show disorientation. So we decided to rush her to the nearest hospital. Against. They checked her bp, normal... ECG, normal, blood sugar, Normal--ct scan.. normal but found early signs of  enlargement in the left temporal lobe. Meds where administered for the brain. And it seemed working. What is the problem since mom isa not hypertensive or having issues in her heart.. she's a non alcohol drinker but she's a smoker. Is aneurism (aneurysm) possible in her case? Do u think MRI can answer
All out questions?
Tags: Stroke, Temporary global amnesia, tia
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
A MRI will definately show signs of a stroke. I had a cat scan and it showed nothing until I had a MRI and it showed a brainstem stroke. Take slow steps and slow movements for everything she does and it will get better.
Blank
2005895_tn?1327725390
Hi Lynnjoanne,

Thank you ..we will surely do that..just to to sure. :-).
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...