Stroke Community
TIA and increased blood flow

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

TIA and increased blood flow

If I have had a documented TIA 3 weeks ago affecting my left side and distorting my perception for a few days later, gradually with in the week I got back to normal. After having a echocardiagrahm and doppler ultrasound a heart murmur was detected, but still within normal range. An aspirin a day has been perscribed. My question is: If I have increased bllod flow to two of my arteries to my brain...why should I not be concerned ?...the doctor states "I am not old, overweight , etc."  However, I am a young (35) mother of two who is a little
concerned with being told..." if it happens again- TIA or seizure like symptoms, don't hesitate to contact our office, but for now I'm dismissing you but continue an aspirin a day therapy." For me being told increased blood flow to the brain in two areteries is not normal, whom should I see? and what are the chances of another TIA happening again?  As for the echocardigrahm and doppler ultrasound- no plaque noted.
                     Thanks for your insight,
                           K.Gilliam
I never understand why people don't ask their doctor, and look to forums for answers that really should be given my a professional/specialist.   You have some valid concerns, and if I were you, I would talk to my doctor, and if he/she couldn't explains,  then demand, yes demand, to see a neurologist.
I think people come here to ask and hope to find someone elso who is going through the same thing as them. Or to get a reply from a dr. that monitors the boards maybe. Try posting in the neurology forum that the staff from the cleveland clinic answers.
Also they read post from people such as you hopefullnurse who give others answers as if you are experienced enough to help them. Not degrade them!!!