TIA/factor V Leiden/ TOS/ RSD.
I had surgery in June 2011, right rib resection for TOS. Lung collapsed, blood clot in subclavian artery caused TIA. Also ended up with mononeuropathy multiplex and RSD. 2 years later I have no use of right hand and arm. Numbness and severe burning/pain continue. I need to know what to do. I'm severely depressed and can o longer work. Is there hope for a cure? I have factor V Leiden which prevents me from being able to have another surgery. My surgeon and neurologists have been so vague and have hidden many things from me. What can I do? Please help me. I'm only 42 years old. Is this my death sentence?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand what you are going through. If your symptoms were due to TIA, it should have recovered. TIA or transient ischemic attack, which as the name indicates there is a temporary lack of blood flow to a particular part of the brain. This usually recovers, but these people are more prone for strokes. The ongoing pain and numbness of the arm could indicate that there is progressive damage to the nerves. NCS, nerve conduction studies may show the effects on the nerve. So, don't worry and discuss this with your doctor sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.