Stroke Community
TIA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

TIA

Begining of April my GP sugessted i had a T.I.A.

my arm and leg were weak.  i couldnt grip anything, no coordination.  this lasted for a week.  more so the arm.

however during this time my arm was achy, heavy, and painful.  and it still is.  also i get chest discomfort.

My gp referred my case to stroke consultant who without seeing me referred my case back to gp.  and im not getting anywhere.

are these symptoms related to the TIA

im still so tired, sleep alll the time etc.  
Tags: Stroke, tia
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be TIA. Have you been initiated on Plavix? It improves the blood flow. TIA or transient ischemic attack, which as the name indicates there is a temporary lack of blood flow to a particular part of the brain. This usually recovers, but these people are more prone for strokes. The basis of therapy for TIAs is blood thinners to prevent clotting, controlling high risk factors like diabetes and hypertension and avoiding smoking. So, focus on controlling the high risk factors and taking blood thinners. And consult a cardiologist for the chest pain. Take Care.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
hi

been to see stroke consultant who when i tried to explain that all the weakness happened end march and now im left with arm pain that the more i use my arm the more it hurts.  

all he got hold of was ive had depression and went through my history and wouldnt let it go.  Even though my consultant pscych is soo happy with me and discharged me.  

he's not doing anything.

because it was a few weeks ago and im having alot seizures so cant remember how the weakness happened.

if it isnt tia what can it be

History
Epilepsy
temporal sclerosis
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Sometimes epileptic activity can cause persisting weakness. Ensure to take your anti epileptic medications regularly and follow up with your doctor. The TIA risk is more so if there is a strong family history, if you are a diabetic or hypertensive and if you smoke. So, whether diagnosed with TIA or not, to be on the safe side focus on controlling the high risk factors and exercise regularly, this promotes blood circulation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.