Stroke Community
Taking Aspirin after possible TIA
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Taking Aspirin after possible TIA

After being admitted to hospital my consultant has reffered me for several tests believing that I have had 2 possible TIAs over the last 3 weeks. Being 26 this is quite a shock.

I have had an ECG-abnormal, CT scan-normal, EEG-awaiting results. I have appointments for scans on my arteries in my neck, echocardiogram, cholesterol test, and MRI. All very scary with a 13 month old in tow! Together with the fact that both my GP and consultant are insistent that I don't drive.

I have been given Aspirin to take daily. I have developed pain in my right arm, I still have full use of the arm but very strong pain when I lift it so far. Also I have bruising across the same arm with little red dots in the bruises. I have not hurt my arm so I am guessing that this bruising etc could be a side effect of the Aspirin?

Has anyone else come across this? Is it a side effect that I will have to put up with? Or should I be discussing this with my consultant with a view to stop taking it? Sorry I know its early days for me as a TIA hasn't yet been diagnosed, and I don't know what to expect. But I am sure most of you are aware what a confusing time this is.