Stroke Community
University Design Project
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

University Design Project

I am currently a student at Loughborough University Design School studying Industrial Design & Technology. For one of my final year projects I am intending to design a product/service that aids stroke survivors through rehabilitation and the transition back to day to day activities. The brief also touches on making assistive technologies more aesthetically pleasing, moving away from large chunky white handrails for example. I understand that every stroke is different but would welcome any thoughts you may have towards my project, as well as any other issues you my have.
Many thanks in advance
Chris
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am trying to help some stroke survivors. I do acupressure on their hands and feet. The fingers on the hand stay tightly closed and I need access to the palm  of the hand.
I would like something to keep the fingers straight, so I can access the palm to apply pressure on some points.   Thank you for posting here and sharing your project.
October 30 ,2011
Blank
i have suffered a stroke which affects my right hand primarily be interested in  some new ideas relating to stroke recovery am at ***@**** would like to develope different  and needful  apparatis.would welcome any ideas or correspondence, t preston
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank