Stroke Community
VSP shunt replacement
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

VSP shunt replacement

When Bret Michaels ( the rock star) had his SAH, the article I read said he would probably have to have it be replaced about every ten years.
I had my SAH 11 years ago. A couple of weeks ago I started getting headaches ( sinusy...but I get sinus headaches quite a bit) and a couple of days ago I woke up with severe lower back pain ( which I have never had... ever) I went to our promt care and  there was blood in my urine so they started me on antibiotics for a UTI.
My question is, could my shuint be infected or malfunctioning and this is causing the problems??
Related Discussions
My 30 year old sister has had a shunt for a little over a year. A couple of months ago she started having headaches and complained that her back (more specifically her spinal chord area) ached. Her shunt was checked and readjusted. The Neuro told us that sometimes over time the settings can move. Since it is controlled with a magnet, if you have had contact with any magnets it could have been moved. Neuro said that he has even known Target store magnets to interfere with the setting. It might be a good idea to have that checked.  A doctors visit should easily be able to determine wether or not it is still at its original setting. God bless!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank