Stroke Community
Vision problems continue after stroke
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vision problems continue after stroke

I had a stroke on Nov. 3rd 2008 in my sleep. Woke with headache pain on right side and tingleing but no wekness. The wierd thing is the only thing affected seems to be my right eye it pains, the colors are dim. and contrast is off.  Anyone else experience this. The stroke association say its very odd for stroke damage to have only affected one eye with no other symptoms
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
445232_tn?1233653164
Sorry to hear about your stroke :(

I don't have vision deficits, so I don't know what that is like.  However all our strokes are different, leaving us with different deficits.

Rather than focus of how "odd" it may seem to someone else, I would suggest is discussing with your doctor(s) possible therapies for your vision.

HTH

Sue
Blank
877060_tn?1240207620
I, too hve pain in my left eye and blurred vision (my left side was affected due to the stroke).  The opthomologist did ststae my eyes suffered nerve damage (nystagmus).  He stated that the pain was due to extreme dry and not the stroke.  I had an eye exam prior to my stroke and my vision was ok.  I am going to schedule an eye exam to see what they tell me....I hope to follow up with better news.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...