Stroke Community
Vision problems continue after stroke

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Vision problems continue after stroke

I had a stroke on Nov. 3rd 2008 in my sleep. Woke with headache pain on right side and tingleing but no wekness. The wierd thing is the only thing affected seems to be my right eye it pains, the colors are dim. and contrast is off.  Anyone else experience this. The stroke association say its very odd for stroke damage to have only affected one eye with no other symptoms
Sorry to hear about your stroke :(

I don't have vision deficits, so I don't know what that is like.  However all our strokes are different, leaving us with different deficits.

Rather than focus of how "odd" it may seem to someone else, I would suggest is discussing with your doctor(s) possible therapies for your vision.

HTH

Sue
I, too hve pain in my left eye and blurred vision (my left side was affected due to the stroke).  The opthomologist did ststae my eyes suffered nerve damage (nystagmus).  He stated that the pain was due to extreme dry and not the stroke.  I had an eye exam prior to my stroke and my vision was ok.  I am going to schedule an eye exam to see what they tell me....I hope to follow up with better news.