Stroke Community
Was it a TIA?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Was it a TIA?

My father is in the process of determining if he had a TIA or not.  The doctor found a piece of scare tissue in his brain after a cat scan.  How likely is this to have been the cause of a TIA and if so, can they determind how long ago this happened?  I have read that he is at risk of another stroke within 90 days of this.  Any insight?
A TIA is a mini stroke.  In the hospital the Doctor and nurses will keep close eye on vitals and and blood count and be very watchful to make sure that a stroke doesn't happen, the next 48 hours are cruseful.
God Bless you and Yours!
I HAD LAST MONTH ON MY LEFT SIDE OF HEAD A BAD HEADACHE, AND IT LASTED ALL NITE TILL THE MORNING AND WHENI WENT TOGET UP THAT MORNING I COULD NOT SEE AND STOOD UP ANDSTILL  COULD NOT SEE. I COULD NOT YELL OUT FOR MY SON AS THE WORDS WOULD NOT COME OUT...IHAD PAIN AND NIMNESS ON MYLEFT SID FROM MY ARM TO MY LEG. AND MY LEFT SIDER OF MY HEAD WENT NIMB..3 YRS AGO SOME OF THESE SIGNS  AND STARING  INTO SPACE HAD  HAPPEND..I WAS IN BOSTO  HOSPITAL FOR 4 DAYS AND TEHY SAID THEY SEEMED TOTHINK  IT WAS A TIA ..I HAD WENT TO MY PRIMARY AND HE SIAD IT SEEMED LIKE A MIGRAINE..COULD NYONE TELLME WHAT ARE THE AFTER EFFECTS OF THIS..BECAUSE SINCE THEN WHENILIFT MY LEFT ARM IHAVE A PAIN IN IT..THANK YOU ..TRIS
i had a tia i think i dont know what happens if you dont go to the hospital i need help i dont know what to do im only 22 and have a three month old daughter and no health insurance for the next thirty days i dont qualify at my work yet idk wat to do help help!!!!!!!!
4 days ago they think my hubby had a  T I A one of his eyes went realy funny for a least 39min then he felt well .    please help me do u think it could have been a mini stroke thankyou