Stroke Community
Waves of pain in hear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Waves of pain in hear

I had surgery for a ruptured disc on March 1.  For th past two days I have had waves of pain first below the ear and all day yestery in my head.  The pain comes quickly and leaves quickly but it happens very frequent. My ear has been aching but not to extreme.Is this related to surgery.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Which part of the spine surgery was done? If it was the cervical spine, it can cause referred pain to the ear.  But as the pain has been of a recent origin, it’s likely that it may not be related to surgery. The ear pain could be due to infections or inflammations of the ear. If it persists, consult your doctor for an evaluation.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.