Stroke Community
What is TIA and What is seizure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

What is TIA and What is seizure

Explain the difference between a TIA and a Seizure.
What medications are used to treat each.
What are the basic side effects.
A seizure is caused by excessive electrical activity in the brain.  Some of the common anti-seizure meds are Dilantin and Phenobarital (spelling is wrong).  

A TIA is like a little stroke that does not have lasting affect or leave damage.  I don't know what meds they use for this.

My first known TIA I was put on an asperin a day.  Had a second one withing a month of the first and was put on Plavix.  This appears to be the standard treatment to my knowledge.  I am not convinced that TIA's don't leave some lasting damage and I use that word for a lack of a better one.  I developed a stutter a week or so after the first known one, it goes away and sometimes comes back.  The CAT Scan showed I have had previous TIA's and never knew it and yes from what I understand it happens frequently.
TIA's and absence seizures seem to have similar symptoms.  Anyone else have a good way of telling the two apart?