Worried? Pain in neck, tingling on face, Dizziness
Hi.  FOr ages I have been complaining about dizziness and a pins and needles feeling in my left cheek.  (by ages, since 2003)  I have been sent for ultrasound of coratid artery (no problems) and and MRI/MRA (no problems) but the symptoms are not only stil there, they are getting worse, considerably.  I have noticed that this summer, with humidity real high, they are horrible!  

When this happens, I will feel a pins and needles type tingling from actually right below my jaw bone, covering the entire left side of my face to the left of my eye and about a 1/3 of the way into my forehead on same side.  This will intensify as the day goes on.  

Then my neck will hurt BAD!  Again, always the left, from my shoulder blade, sort of up the back of my neck, to behind my left ear.

After that I will be hit with HUGH waves of dizziness, sometimes to the point of almost blacking out.  I have a real feeling something is major wrong!  I feel somewhat sick to my stomach.  When I say dizziness, it isn't like everything spins, it is like I feel out of whack.

This really has me worried.  It comes out of no place, my stress level is probably the  lowest it has been in years ( I quit work a few months ago and am glad about that decision - no $$ issues  because of it)

Does ANYONE have a clue?  My dr. just told me medicine can't fix everything, but THIS IS NOT NORMAL and NOT in my head.  I just don't want to have to have a stroke to prove it!
II was thinking it was something to with my shoulder too. I had shoulder popping and shoulder blade sticking out and discomfort all the time and at times pain. Then a couple years ago I got tingling and numbness in my left jaw and side of my neck. It comes suddenly and lasts about 10mins. It has made me disorientatefor a few seconds. I haven't found any connection to anything im doing at the time or feeling. It is scary. Pretty healthy other than anxiety attacks witch have been under control and my shoulder problem. One thing that is really weird is when the feeling goes done the back of my arm to my little finger or down the front part of my shoulder/chest. Please help with any new info.
I've been suffering with similar symptoms for 3 years now and still seeking an answer.

I experience constant tension/pressure in my head, visual floaters, neck pain, facial tingling/fullness that's predominantly on the left jaw line and cheekbone, intermittent dizziness, inability to maintain engaged in long conversations, brain fog, and random left arm tingling.

I've seen countless doctors ranging form Internists, Neurologists, Cardiologists, Chiropractors, Opthamologist, Orthopedist, etc... The most recent Neurologist I saw 2.5 hours away in Atlanta, GA says my issue is 2 bulged discs in my neck around C3 and C5 pinching nerves. He viewed the same MRI and CT Scans the other doctors had and he was the only one to see this. I just had an epidural steroid injection which made no difference at all. I'm waiting to see how he wants to proceed.

I'm also considering being tested for lymes and celiac disease just to rule them out.
I started this YEARS ago, Aug 9, 2006.  Here it is June 2011 and I'm back here, same stuff and more of it.  

My left side of my face, neck and shoulder are almost always pins and needle tingling.  Sometimes it is better, sometimes worse.  

My dizziness, about the same, until lately, when it seems to have ramped up and I really again feel like i'm almost leaning to one side when I walk at times.  I get dizzy with NO reason.  Not standing up, laying down, moving my head, nothing.  Just dizzy.

I've been to cardiologist (did an angiogram and determined I have an artery that comes out of the top of my heart and turns a sharper corner than they would like, but didn't suggest anything.  They said my heart is clean, my veins, etc, a little (gravely...pits in edges) but still didn't suggest anything.  Calcium score is o, been tested twice.  

Been to neurologist, no luck there either.  They did all sort of tests and said that it is strange that I fall asleep real fast when my head is really turned to the left, but didn't seem worried.  Not instant sleep, but when they were doing tests and my head was turned that way for 5 minutes, I would always fall asleep, but not the other way.  go figure.

They did tilt table tests, stress tredmill tests (this is why they did the angiogram, because I get dizzy) tests for my ears...watching lights, filled with water, and so on.  Nothing.

Thyroid has been checked and rechecked, I am borderline.  Tried natural hormones...if there is such a thing for over a year.  REAL expensive and NO change.  Been told my cortisol and adreanals are shot, but that is why I was taking the hormores and still no change.  No change when I quit taking them after a year also.

My doctors look at me like I'm nuts or neurotic.  I have had more than one pull out a book and show me they have tried everything it says and no luck.  

My chiropractor says my neck is a mess and I have it tweeked when I get real dizzy, seems to help, but does not stop it.  Asked him about acupuncture, but he didn't think it would do much for me.

I do know that I have now been dealing with this for over a DECADE!  It isn't normal, although sadly, it is becoming that way.  I accept anything as normal now because I'm tired of having doctors look at me like a nutball.  Isn't that sad?  

I'd like to know what is wrong with me and that really doesn't seem like it would be asking that much.  Don't know where to go from here at all.
One more no.  Not TOS.  
I have symptoms very similar.
Background, 2008 I coughed really hard and something happened.  My left shoulder started to hurt like someone stuck a piece of burning metal in it.  I took muscle relaxers and vicoden and it cut the pain 1/4.  It took a year for the pain to die off.  This is a pinched nerve.  
Then my mom passed away in 2010, which was streesful to me.
My work load picked up at that time and I had to work many hours to get it done for months.  we call it crunch, and is nothing new to me.  About 1 month after my mom passed, the HOA got on me about the fence around my house that I just moved into  more stress to fix and manual labor.  it is an acre of fence.

I was doing stuff around the house like building a fence.  I spent saturday and sunday a year ago cutting branches all day long using hand held cutting shears, and my left arm went numb then It began to hurt unbearable.  I soaked it in hot water and the pain went away as soon as it hit the water.  I found that strange.  3 days later I pulled some large plants out of the ground and felt my back issues start, and then go away.

At some point this year, right after I ate lunch, I would get slightly dizzy for about 5 minutes almost everyday.

Then 1 month ago I went out with a weed eater and cut down the weeds for 5 hours straight.  It actually caused me blisters.  I had tons of pain in my left trap muscle.  My neck tightened up.  I have had a month long headache.  I get dizzy like I am on a boat.  I feel like I am walking sideways.  One of my eyes feels like it is lazy or being streesed which makes me dizzier.  I am in a fog.  I cant concentrate as well as I used to.  I am always tired.  Like wiped out tired and I just want to go to sleep.  Sometimes I feel like I have to fight off my body wanting to just go to sleep.  Almost like fainting, but not as strong.

1 month ago the docs found my ear drums bowing out.  I was with clogged ears for 2 months. I had an infection.  They treated it and it went away.  I am still dizzy.  My neck pops when I move it.  I feel pressure build up in it.

The other night I was making dinner feeling beat down.  I had my head forward, and for about 2 minutes, I felt all pain go away, and I felt like a million bucks.  my tiredness went away.  I felt like me again.  then it came right back.

I have been spending this week in a hot tub, with the jets hitting my trap muscles.  it has been helping a little bit.  I could also lay there floating flat, with my head tilted all the way back to what is a relaxed position.  It would be like looking straight up.  I can feel the pain go away once I relax in this position.  when the pain goes away, the dizziness stops.

I am led to think this is a pinched nerve condition in the neck/between the shoulder blades.  I feel it is causing the neck and blades to tighten, which pull on my head and makes it ache.  I am going to see if I can get this to go away by doing the hot tub relaxing, and working on how I sleep.  I feel posture will play a big role in this.  Standing/sitting/sleeping.

My GF had her lower vert collapse pinching a nerve.  it caused her tons of pain down her leg, and they operated on her, and she is fine now, she just cant do heavy lifting.  It was from lifting heavy thing using her back an twisting over to the other side of her car, every night.  I dont want to be operated on!!!

I cant say what is happening to you, but I could throw this out.
I guess I would advise you to look at what you do, and see if you can be causing the pain if it is a pinched nerve, and see what you can do to stop it from being active.  I first pinched mine by simply coughing.  How could coughing cause so much pain.

I purchased a new bed, that is really firm.  I am trying to reshape my neck and spine.  It ***** to lay in, but I can say I am doing slightly better then 2 weeks ago.  I only realized my neck and back were causing this pain 1 week ago.  I was so dizzy, I did not realize that my neck and shoulders were rock hard every morning I woke.  I am hoping the new firm bed helps me.  I found my old bed to sag where I layed, pushing my shoulders forward.

Another thing I was suspecting, were my first root canals.  I keep finding dental work that can cause simlar symptoms.

I am in such a fog now, that I hope what I have wrote makes some sense....
Stress can do weird things to your body.  For the past few months I have felt like I had a band around the top of my head, felt somewhat dizzy and sometimes a little nauseous.  I went to my regular doctor and had all the tests run...blood work, ekg, etc...and all is fine.  So I started looking at the stress factor.  I asked my dr to put me on an antidepressant to see if that alleviated the symptoms.  It did.  Although I have a new symptom now, which is the tingling down the back of my head and neck.  I figure this is stress related too.  So my thoughts are...if you are certain you do not have anything physical going on, stroke, hard-attack, low blood sugar, diabeties, pinched nerve, etc., then I would look into an antidepressant.  I do not feel stressed but I decided to write down all of the major events in the last year....My daughter got married, my grandson was born, I lost a good friend to cancer, $$ issues that we have never had before, and I had my knee replaced.....hmmmmmm....sounds like a stressful year.  I just started taking 50mg of zoloft 2 weeks ago.  The band has left my head and only occasionally have a vertigo issue.  The problem is that most GP doctors don't want to talk about mental health issues so you have to ask them.  During the entire conversation with my dr (about 40 minutes) we never even hinted on the stress angle.  I went home and googled my symptoms, called her back and am now going down this path.  I am going to see a psychiatrist next since they are the experts...and I have a feeling the strange tingling down the back of my neck is going to be a common symptom of stress.  Like I said...stress can do many weird things to the body.
Hi.  Thanks both of you for taking the time to answer.  I keep hoping that somene will say something that will click.  Just sort of like me finding the article on TOS and I had SO many of the symptoms.  The young guy from the DR office that calls patiets, said GOOD NEWS, no problem and I started to cry.  Not good news to me.  Good news would be knowing what the #)$#()$* is going on after 1.5 decades!  You would think SOMEONE would know.

Bill, you hit it EXACTLY when you said it is like being on a boat and feeling like you are walking sideways.  Mine gets worse if I have been working for any time on a treadmill.  Never figured that one out.  For me, I feel like I am leaning to the left.

RC - stress, always.  I remember at one point I went to the doc and he asked if I was under stress.  I started to laugh.  He said sometimes to just list it helps; gets it off your chest.....so I did, college sr, student teaching, mom had a stroke, dad in kidney failure a jillion miles apart, teen age kids, husband looking elsewhere, father in law divorced, new property, remodeling home, change in finances, change in jobs, and the list goes on, and on, and on, and on.  Somewhere about 2/3 of the way he took out his RX pad, and when I was done he looked at me, held up the pad and said, "what would you like?"  I about died laughing.  I loved that guy, at least he took the time, and then he moved to a different office off my insurance.  I actually just looked him up again last night, and he is on the plan I now have.  I may go back.

Bill when I do anything that is repetative then I pay for it later...or during.  A lot started with me when I was remodeling a house we got years ago and painted for 2 weeks.  For the most part I was holding the can of paint in one hand and painting with the other.  Shortly after that they said I had carpal tunnel.....don't have all those symptoms, so I know I tweaked something.  

Same happens to me when I do a lot of garden work, etc., I know EXACTLY what you mean about trimming trees, there is just so much you can do.

My latest is my hand gets the worst pain in the world...sort of like when your leg cramps...have mercy.  It has only done it twice, but after my arm is like pins and needles forever.  Neither time, have I been doing anything too crazy, but am under stress.

I just wish I would figure something out.  Have to say it is nice toknow that I"m not on this crazy roller coaster alone.  Again thanks for the comments.  Good luck to both of you.
I have had pinched nerves in my neck from spurs and it makes my head and face tingle and each side of my head and back of my head go numb,everytime I see the doctor they tell me its the pinched nerves in my neck,but they dont seem to know why my wrist on my left from the middle of the vein under neath is numb all the way up my arm into my chest and then my right shoulder when I sit like now and write or just play cards,it starts hurting bad in my shoulder and if I dont stop it will travel down into my hand and my arm will get very weak,so I dont think the doctors you see wants to hear anything except do you have your payment
So I was holding steady for a while then it suddenly got so much worse.  I had a panic attack at a traffic signal.  I felt the need to run it, to get away from the car surrounding me, I felt short on breath for about 2 seconds.  When I was public speaking at work, I would get a shake down my neck like a seizure type feeling, and have to lean against the wall.  I was sleeping only 2 hours at a time.  Usually waking up with my heart racing fom dream that had nothing to do with anything but whatever my sub-con made it into.

I was at the point to where I was thinking, if something was seriously wrong with me, I was hoping it would just do whatever it was going to do to me and be done with it.

Went to the doc.  He said it sounded like anxiety with a side of depression probably caused by stress.  Put me on some meds, and I am feeling much better. Not perfect 100%  but like 80%.  No headaches.  I can concentrate.  Not so dizzy like I was.  Only dizzy like I need to get better sleep.  I do need better sleep!  The pills make it hard to get to sleep.  I only feel slightly off now.  I can actually relax at places I could not.  I am amazed at what anxiety can do.
I have the same symptoms. At onset, I have to go right to bed and any movement of my head sends me reeling. I get nauseated and my face tingles. This has been happening for about a week. I went to Dr and she put me on a sulpha drug for sinus infection. I am calling the Dr again tomorrow. Google labrinhitis(sp). That is my online diagnosis
Hi everyone..

i started feeling something strange since yesterday and i've been really worried about myself as to what it really is and why isnt it going away..
yesterday i started feeling suddent pain in my left arm, then it travelled to my shoulder and back on the left side only.. i started feeling really dizzy and drowsy.. i started to have strange sensations in my left arm and even the left leg... now my left cheek feels numb too.. my left eye all watery and the left side of my head all heavy.. i'm going to a doctor tomorrow.. but i feel strange about my condition.. i hope its not something serious,, i feel my left arm a little numb too.. with stange painful sensation i type right now..
iv had dizzy for while for last 3/4 days iv been going dizzy i had pain in back of my neck,,i was putting  cream on from chemist done it  little better but i was still going dizzy,at end i put my tens  machine on my neck and realy it as realy helped i do have arthritus in my spine so mayb  it was coming from there...it is very worrying  when one as pain and dizzyness with it ..realy,,and some of my drs dont give dam...at times..
I have had symptoms dollar to you guys as well. I have been dizzy like a spinning dizzy and had nausea not to the point were I'm throwing up every time. I have had the pins and needles running from my neck to my shoulder on my left side, as well as tingling and numbness on the left side of my face included with huge headaches toward the back of my head on my left side as well. I went to the doctors and he just gave me pills for stress; I do not feel as if it is stress though I feel like it is something else. I wish I could stop it before it gets to bad! It comes to a point were I cannot stand it anymore. Today my eye and lip started twitching but like I said before the doctors can't find anything wrong with me!!! I just hope that nothing major occurs and that my lip will not become all crucid. Since the doctors cannot help all I can do is pray to God and hope that everything gets better. I hope you all get better too...
Are the doctors telling you they can help you? Or is this something you will have to live with? Are they able to treat the pinched nerves or the bone spurs? And how? What has worked for you to help lessen the pain?

I've had shots/blocks that anesthesiologist administers. Cost thousands but only short term or no relief. Therapy didn't help but it did help loosen the muscles (short term). Pain 24x7. Purchased different mattresses. A hard mattress makes the pain more severe. A feather pillow is softer and is better than a foam pillow. Sitting makes things much worse. I can not have my head in a normal position. I need to look down somewhat. And I must always work my neck (move it). I always have inflammation and tightness that causes pain. When movement pinches the nerves, pain is somewhat like nerve pain when you hit your elbow tender spot severely hard. Only it is a nerve from the back of my head, shooting into my temple, and into my eye. I can not wear a hair band, no necklaces, sometimes I can't brush my hair on the backside from the pain. No blouses with collars, no winter coats with collars, etc.

So far, the only side it affects is the right side. It affects my hearing at times (right ear only), it affects my vision at times (right eye only). I have the feeling of swelling inside my skull plus the symptoms that go with that! When the swelling sensation is there, it feels like I have an infection that will take my life. I run a fever at times, but not always.

My neurologist says it is pinched nerves and believes the outcome of surgery might make things worse. Then my primary says my neurologist is incorrect and it is only fibromyalgia. I do know it is more than fibromyalgia, but the savella meds do help tremendously with pain and tingling (pain and tingling only) but it does make you feel like live is very boring. When the meds are discontinued, I "love" to work from morning to evening...but the pain comes back without the meds.
I have had all of the symptoms you mention in this thread....for fifteen years I didn't have a correct diagnosis...they told me chronic fatigue syndrome, and fibromylagia but that didn't explain everything...complicated migraines plus the other did. The key was that I have migraine aura that is not typical...numbness, tingling, pain in limbs but not necessarily head pain or visual aura. Go to mymigraineconnection.com to read about the anatomy of a migraine and you will probably find it matches a lot of what is going on with you, there is answers and real physical reasons why this stuff happens to your body and you aren't crazy...migraines with aura that are complicated can even present stroke-like. There are doctors who do know about this stuff but they are rare your best bet is to educate yourself. Best of luck to all of you in finding relief for the symptoms.
Hi everyone! I too have been having similiar symtoms for over a year now and all my tests have come back normal from cat scans to mri, chest x-ray, ekg, blood work etc..there are so many things that can cause and or mimic dizziness and tingling/pins and needles that it is difficult for doctor's to pin point the cause. Digestion problems is just one of the many that can cause dizziness..even more so Stress is a very big role player in dizziness..whether you are or not under stress I am no one to say nor judge..I just know with my past experience with dealing with high levels of stress. Even if you are no longer stressed now your body could very well be simply trying to recover and or heal from the high amounts it was put under for such a long period of time. Hormonal imbalance, diet, digestion, sleep patterns, etc..the list goes on but just to name a few these all play a big role in how well your body copes with stress. I too have experienced pins and needles in head face hands and feet and even legs. I still have no answer to my symptoms either but will say looking back at all my symptoms very well were initionally brought on while I was under a great deal of stress. I will say there are certain medications that can and will in my past experience cause tingling/pins and needles throughout the body as well. I noticed my pins and needles all started with antibiotics I took for chronic sinus infections..now this was amount 8 months ago which have been greatly reduced. I still have them from time to time so I think for me anyway they are related to the high amounts of stress I put my body under for such a great lenghth of time and my body is still trying to heal from this. If you look up symtoms from stress and anxiety you find in black and bold dizziness, tingling/pins and needles. Again even if you are not under stress anymore your body may simply still be and may take some time to heal. Also we are not in college anymore we are grower older and we are going to have symptoms that come and go with no explanation. It is scary but what do you do if the doctors have no answer..worry yourself sick constantly looking for an answer a reason an explanation you may never find..keep running from to doctor to doctor and specialist to specialist to still find no answer..which will only consume you body and mind inducing more stress and striping you of peace of mind happiness and life...
You wouldn't to have happened to have had any gastric or more so Thorasic surgery have you?

if so please contact me.

Ben
***@****
Hi I am a heart patient who takes 9 medications a day, but, thank God I am feeling better.
First time I had a pain in my back on 2/2/09, from carrying a heavy shopping cart, next day went to work with pain in back, left early because of pain.
Next day went to work everything was fine.
Third day went to work everything was fine, until I get home and started with a stomach ache, I ate something and felt full and went to bed, when suddenly I woke up about 2 hours later I was with vomit all over me. So I got up feeling sick and sick to my stomach, I went to take a shower and when all of a sudden I get sick, dizzy and my neck is killing me I feel that feeling when like your drunk, I put cold water on me until finally it subsides, so I come out of bathtub, put on my PJs and fix my bed and go back to sleep, my daughter came over to check on me and wanted me to go to hospital I said no because it felt like a stomach virus, so she said alright and to call her if I got worse, well mind you I slept that wed, thurs and friday without getting up just going to bathroom, all I did was sleep. Then finally that saturday I felt a little better, and I went and paid a bill and then had to call taxi because I was very weak, and went home and ate something and back to bed, then that sunday my friend picked me up and spent the day at her house even played cards, and the following day since I felt a little better I went to work like that, I went and my co worker saw me and said I look like a ghost all pale and weak, so I took her advice and went to see a private dr. since I did'nt have health insurance, so I got examined and said everything is fine, just a stomach virus so he thought, but, then he decides to give me a ekg test, when he did, he wanted to do it again it came out the same so he went and told me he has to call 911 to pick me up because he thought I had a heart attack.  
Well 911 came 5 min later and they took me and gave me the nitro under my tongue and all that other stuff they do, well we get to emergency and while I am going in everyone just looks at me and I am smiling and saying hi to them they probably thought I was looney, well they take me in I take my clothes off and put gown, then they started to check my heart with ekg and they tell me I had a heart attack, I said I did! well I didnt have no pain just my neck was killing me thats the only pain I had and my heart was fluttering a lot but, they did the angio plasti and put dye in my arteries, then they said I had a heart attack 48 hours ago which was saturday, and now it was monday, so they found 3 arteries were clogged the one that gave me heart attack was 95% clogged they did unclog it was successful, and put a stent there, the other 2 were 70% clogged and they said with medication it will go away.
Well since 2009 I have been with Plavix, Zocor 80 mlgs, aspirin, metoloprol 25mlgs, enanaphril 10mlgs, acid reflux meds 40 mlgs, Metformin because I developed diabetes after the heart attack, but, now my bad cholesterol is 144 and good is 50 and my tryglis is 160 everything is normal thank God and my blood pressure has been stable since then but, I am still taking the choleterol meds but, lower 40 mlgs now which is Pravastatin 40 mlgs.
But, then last year they took a special blood test for allergies, they discovered I have a blood clots, Antifosfolipid antibody syndrome, which is an auto immune disorder, so I have to take plavix for the rest of my life now plus, Verapamil for this disorder so my life now is pills. But, thank God I feel much better I am stronger and I am eating properly, and walking and going to church which has made my life better as I am serving the Lord and ask him he shall heal you too just look toward the Lord for all these ailings everyone is feeling if not go to church, read the bible the bible can teach you good things in life that people are feeling and you will feel better about yourself and the people around you. I had to let everyone know what I went thru in my life and what symtoms people feel when they are sick without us knowing it. SO GOD BLESS EVERYONE AND LOOK TOWARDS GOD'S WORKS AND WORD. IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
P.S Hope this was a lttle help to what you are all feeling.
Hi Nancy -- I've read your posts since 2006 and your symptoms sound very similar to my husband's.  He, too, has been feeling bad for nearly a decade.  We're not sure how it all started, but think it was when he had a detached retina.  He's had eight eye surgeries since -- cataract, laser, strabismus, etc. -- and still has double vision. Seems that the one eye problem just led to others.  Accompanying this is tightness in the shoulders, neck, and under the eye.  It all seems to be on the right side, which is the eye he had the detached retina in.  Since that detachment, he has also had surgery for a retinal tear in the other eye.  He has severe nasal drainage...and I mean SEVERE.  Let's just leave it at that.

He has dizziness and feels off-balance.  He feels out of it.  When he takes a shower, it's like the water does something to his ears.  That's when he feels most dizzy.

He's been to Mayo, Johns Hopkins, Saint Louis University and many, many physicians.  He's seen, in addition to a whole host of ophthalmologists and his primary care physician, otolaryngologists, neurologists, pain managment specialists, a dermatologist (he had some skin cancer removed from his back and when the anesthesia was administered, the pain went away, but not the tightness, so he went back and asked for another shot!), an oncologist, a neuro surgeron, neuro-ophthalmologist, pulmonologist/sleep medicine specialists (can't sleep but has only borderline apnea), a rheumatologist, and a gastroenterologist (has stomach aches and then episodes of vasovagal syncope).  I may have left out a few...it's a long list.  He's had every test you can imagine -- some two or three times -- and no one can find anything. He's had surgery to clip a nerve on his face to see if that would help, but didn't.  At 53, he had his tonsils an uvula out to see if that would help his swallowing and choking problems, but that caused more excessive drainage.

He is now seeing a pain management specialist who is giving him injections -- one nerve at a time, every three weeks -- to see if, or which, nerve is causing his problems.  We are lucky to have found a pain management physician who is interested in helping, and challenged to find an answer so he keeps trying.  Many physicians have dismissed it as phychological.  Oh, yeah, he's been to a psychiatrist, too.  He's on blood pressure medicine, thyroid medicine and cholesterol medication.  And, as you may have guessed, he's on an anti-depressant.  

Where are the answers?  It is just amazing to me that no one seems to know what is wrong.  Any and all comments/suggestions are welcome.  I will be praying for him, and for all of you on this site.
Oops!  Forgot...he's done PT, and been to chiropractors and accupuncturists.  Never feels like doing anything but laying down so the dizziness and off-balance feeling will be better. :-(
This sounds so familiar .. my husband is having some of the same issues.  He will be watching TV and say he can only see 1/2 of their faces, but everything else.  He has been dizzy, had tingling feelings in his face, shoulder & arm.  Also, headaches.  He has had his neck x-rayed, and was told that there is very little cushion between 6 and 7.  Sometimes he says his eyes are crossed, but I can't see it.  Lots of times he says he sees something like worms .... and has been dizzy to the point of being nauseous.  Looking for answers, not sure what type of Dr. to start with ??
I've had this for about a year now and only two things help.  1) A green smoothie for breakfast each morning and 2) A product from Nu Skin called Life Pak Nano (it's a multivitamin).  The days I miss my smoothie my headaches, tingling and fuzzy head are the worst.  The first few days I started taking my vitamin were the first time I didn't have a headache in months.

I've been to 4 different doctors, had the MRI, microbubble test, blood work, and cholestoral test.  I've even gone to a chiropractor, had therapeutic massages, tried sleeping more, and the smoothie and vitamins are the only things that works.  They have lessened my headache intensity and when I take it daily it will wipe out the symptoms almost all together. I've tried muscle relaxants and other headache pills that don't work for long.

I'm not 100% better but I can say with confidence the green smoothie and pills did something when nothing else worked.  The green smoothie is just fruit blended with ice and some spinach leafs.  I would say the smoothie has the biggest impact.  Hope this helps.
Has anyone heard of Chiari Malformation, you will be amazed at the symptoms all of you mention being a part of this... I am currently trying to find out if this is my problem and it may not be what is wrong with me...you need a MRI to find it and I know some have had that done, but it is not well know about yet so some of the X- ray techs or Doctors just don't pay attention to it and won't even mention it...if you research this you will read about a lot of people who went thru doctors who did this.... from what I have researched so far it is always found by accident when you have an MRI ...so research this...and I hope everyone finds relief.
I'm sorry I posted the same thing twice..  this is my first time doing this and don't know how to remove it. I forgot to tell you to look up Chiari Malformation symptoms ... I have most of them so you will understand if I make any future mistakes.... if anyone discovers this is there problem, please post it ...thank you
i hope that everyone starts to feel better...good luck
Same thing has happened to me. I thought i was having a stroke. Think its a trapped nerve. Not helped by my pillow arrangement. You need a triangular pillow to support your head and neck. Stress does not help by way of not sleeping well and fidgetting all night. I take sleep aid from chemist and that helps.
I agree about the chiropractor- my daughter has had problems lately with migraines, dizziness, visual disturbances, neck pain.  We saw many specialists and had many tests done.  It was decided she has complex migraines and we also discovered she has extremely low blood pressure.  We decided to give the chirpractor a try and she has been gooing for over a month now.  No migraine since, neck pain is much better- she is still seeing him  twice a week but eventually she will only need to go once a month for maintenence.  She is so much happier as she is not only feeling better but feels there is hope.  We are now concentrating on the low blood pressure which she was told to try and manage by keeping hydrated with water and by moving her body (she always feels better when she is physically active).  These things have helped but she is still experiencing bouts of dizziness particularly while sitting in class.  So if anyone has any thoughts or experience with this I'd appreciate your feedback. Wish you all well.
Do you live near a golf course or other place where strong chemicals are used at all?  Or did your job involve chemicals of any kind?  Have you looked into food allergies or intollerances ( possibly to colourings, or preservatives rather than to actual food ).  Low blood pressure can cause extreme dizziness and nausea which comes on with a hot sweating type of feeling. Also - if your muscles are very tight or knotted there can sometimes be a blockage to the nerve impulses in neck or shoulder area.  I would recommend an Osteopath rather than a Chiropractor - or often you find someone who has combined both of these modalities - An osteopath can work more finely with the nervous system.  I hope that you find a solution to these disturbing problems so that you can enjoy your time free from work.
I agree with the comments about yoga and massage also - these are the most important and helpful things we can do for ourselves.  
Someone mentioned that their husband sees "worms" in front of his eyes - my mum used to call this a "billious attack" - whether it has anything to do with the liver or whether it is a type of migraine symptom I'm not sure.
Take care xxx
I just had another thought - as the symptoms originated in your left cheek - have you had your wisdom teeth checked?  These can cause pressure on nerves occasionally.  Just a thought .
I have had all the symptoms that most people are having,tingling, pins and needles etc on the left side of my face, down my shoulder and into the top of my chest.I also have a sore left elbow for the past year which I was told was tennis elbow but I am right handed.
I am now seen a chiropractor in Dublin who took x-rays and said my bones are all over the place, I am 48.He reckons I may have a pinched nerve in my neck or back or both.He has started treatment and already after 2 weeks my elbow pain has almost gone and my pins and needles have improved somewhat.
If you suffer from back or neck pain maybe you should try this route.
All the best.
Colm
Low blood pressure is helped by an increasein sodium/salt. Just make sure her doc is okay with it. Google an illness called pots postural orthotic tachycardia syndrome and see if she has any other symptoms along with the low blood pressure.
I'm having a very similar problem. I wonder if you are hydrated, getting enough minerals, electrolytes, etc. This is happening to me in the wake of not having much to eat for a few days after a long bike ride on a warm day. I am at the point where it comes and goes. I am hoping that getting my hydration and nutrition back in line I will feel consistently better. I supplement sometimes with 5-HTP (for serotonin) and  GABA Calm (GABA/tyrosine for dopamine and such). You may want to read about these and determine if they could be helpful for you.
i don"t have any pain but i suffer from horrible dizziness that also causes nauciousness.I was in a car accident about 14 years ago and suffered diziness right after that,but then it went away.Now it has been back for the last several years including feeling of fullness in my ears,terrible dizziness,nausea and i get cold.clammy sweaty feeling accompanied by shakieness..i have been to 2 ents had am mri and cat scan of my head and seen  a neurologist.nothing seems to be helping could an old neck injury be causing this?it seems worse when i have to be looking up or down for a period of time...what type of dr can help?
Hi All,
I was reading these and they go back through the years and I was sorry so much time has passed with so many people fearful.   With negative MRIs and tests, the hard part is over for most of you.  I repeatedly saw the symptoms of 1.) pinched nerves and 2.) Vertigo or particularly - Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV).   Both of which do not show up in tests, but rather are determined by the symptons.  

Pinched nerves can cause everything from muscle pain to panic attacks.  There was one girl on here who had a "tapping" and everything she explained sounded like the classical "pop" when you pinch a nerve.  

Also, for Vertigo, I finally got relief from the craziest exercise which helps dislodge some of the calcium pieces ?) in the inner ear so they can reattach in a place that doesn't cause vertigo (dizziness).   One gentleman here says he is seeing worm like things and his eyes cross.  Sounds like definite vertigo.  I found an exercise called the Epley Maneuver.  There is also the Semont or Brandt-Daroff exercises. Here is a video showing the Brandt-Daroff exercise (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhinu_oU_hM) and the Epley Maneuver) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1HU-CCg2Y&feature=related).  The Epley worked best for me.  

I had the same thing and have the same treatment and yes chiro and massage help! It doesn't cure it but instead of me being this way 100% of the time its like 50% of the time and not as bad when it does happen so i'm happy.
Hi, finally all symptoms gone.

I had all those symptoms.  3 months of hell.  Stiff neck, had to keep cracking it to make any difference.  Slept ok but on waking up the stiffness, confusion, tingling, vertigo etc.,  Spent fortune on physio, massages etc.,  Solution was very simple.  

Cause was using chat on my phone, constantly looking down and typing.  RSI followed.  First, stop chatting on phone/texting, facebooking etc.,  

Then get the bottom part of your palm of your hand, just above the wrist, and massage the muscle behind your ear [mine was right hand side] but underneath and behind your ear.  You will find instant relief and symptoms disappear within 10 minutes.  Massage using firmish pressure in a circular motion.  That does the trick!
you have described exactly what i feel I thought i was the only one that felt this and i myself had several car accidents plus fell on my back in 2000, so if anyone could give us an answer plz do
My situation started a few days ago... Oddly enough, I was putting up Christmas decorations at work, & suddenly I just felt odd. I had numbness to the face (centrally located), pain to the right side of my chest, & a bit of dizziness. At first I thought "STROKE?!!?", but being that (ironically) I am a 911 dispatcher, fluent in Emergency Medical Dispatch, I started walking myself through the tests, & had my partner validate that I was doing fine. I am hoping it's Costocondritis, but we shall see...
My situation started a few days ago... Oddly enough, I was putting up Christmas decorations at work, & suddenly I just felt odd. I had numbness to the face (centrally located), pain to the right side of my chest, pain under the jaw line on the left side & a bit of dizziness. At first I thought "STROKE?!!?", but being that (ironically) I am a 911 dispatcher, fluent in Emergency Medical Dispatch, I started walking myself through the tests, & had my partner validate that I was doing fine. I am hoping it's Costocondritis, but we shall see...
I had a nek injury 3 years a go, a car hit me in the parking area, I had a lot of fisio therapy but  the damige is still here, now I heve a teengle on my  right side of the nek, face, shoulder, the worst is wen I going to sleep, it is a night mare, the doctors say no much they can do, they become like atrites and I have to learn to live with, please any one can give me a answer, thank you
You have every symptom of B12 deficiency.. Any doc can give those shots.. first go get some capsules of B complex then get those shots and blood work..Demand it, docs sometimes don't get it
Sounds like B12 deficiency or parathyroid problems..the latter are not known much to docs.. look at John Norman's site.  
great advice, thanks
Dr 's seem to forget about cervicogenic dizziness which can cause all of the symptoms you have described, as well as, many of the other posts describing similar symptoms.

Vestibular rehabilitation by physical therapy should help resolve the symptoms. :-)
Vestibular.org/cervicogenic-dizziness
Ask your Dr. about cervicogenic dizziness and request physical therapy for vestibular rehabilitation. I sincerely hope this will help you. Also, compazine will help will help with the nausea until the therapy resolves the problem with cervicogenic dizziness.
I've had very similar symptoms as you.  Did you every figure out what was causing your symptoms?
Many years have passed, hope u r well. I have had your experience. I finally got so desperate that I went to the local chiropractic,who is very good. I had just finished 8 wks PT but my neck muscles were rigid. I was scared I was losing my mind the dizziness was affecting me so. He asked his massage gal to treat me first. She did a technique new to me that involved lifting my head while sitting. She said the cranial bones were involved, too tight. After an adjustment I felt like the blood was flowing back to my brain. Like a miracle.

Hi there!  I know you haven't been on this forum in several years, but I've had the same symptoms you describe for 4 years no with no resolution.  Was wondering if you ever found a way to fix it! Thanks!
I wanted to share my story and hope that this helps.. I have been going through the ringer with my symptoms and after 6 months am finally coming out of it. This sounds like my issue to a T. Let me tell you... it is stress and anxiety. I had no clue that it could create this much physical problems but IT CAN!i am a 32 year old woman in the best physical shape of my life - exercise 6x a week, extremely healthy and no previous health issues or headaches.

December 2015: My company decided that it was laying off the entire office  and that I would be forced into self employment.. a moment I thought i was ready for but definitely not subconsciously. I even told my therapist (who i see regularly) i was excited to start this journey.

Mid December 2015 to Early January 2016: Extreme lower jaw and tooth pain on the left side.. I thought that I had a gum infection,but since i had been to the dentist earlier in December with nothing wrong I chose to floss more and use mouth wash. Mild tension headaches start.

Mid January 2016: dizziness, cheek pressure but no sinus infection or fluid. I go to an ENT to be sure and there is nothing wrong with me. He gives me OTC allergy medicine recommendations and sends me on my way. Tension headaches still going

February 2016: Wake up with extreme upper back and neck pain.. tingling in my left shoulder blade and a knot in my lower neck on the left side. I try everything to stretch it out, massage, nothing works. I visit a chiropractor.. he tells me that my atlas is out and I let him manually adjust me for the first time.. I start to get a headache and sinus infection within a week of my adjustment. I start a google FRENZY and go into a dark hole of worry about having a stroke and dying. not kidding.. i took it there. I rush to Urgent care where they take another set of x rays, tell me i am fine, calm me, and give me antibiotics and a shot of steroids in the butt and tell me its just a sinus infection.

March 2016: official first month of self employment as my job kept me on until end of February. This is where it got BAD. My entire body locked up, my left side of my face was tingling, burning, my neck was extremely knotted and tight, the headaches and dizziness made me feel like i was dying and my traps were a mess. I went back to the ENT and he told me he couldn't find another sinus infection and gave me steroids to calm the inflammation.. worked for about a week and it all came back. End of march i go to an orthopedic surgeon.. he looks at my x rays and tells me that I have chronic upper back issues and that its postural. Sends me to physical therapy for a month. I'm in PT and we are working on back strengthening exercises which is absurd because i have a personal trainer 2x a week for the last two years and work out another 3 to 4 with cardio. he can't understand the inflammation or why my muscles aren't calming down.

April 2016: I go to a family friend who is an oral surgeon.. he diagnoses my TMJ and gives me a soft night guard and a day splint.. also gives me muscle relaxers (which i took for two days and HATE).. i am not a medication kind of girl and have been super medicated for the last month. Still getting headaches, still have body knots and tension, still feeling dizzy and overall tingling in the face.

Mid month i have a total panic attack and take myself to the ER... they check my blood - good. vitals - out of control because of the panic.. they give me a valium and EVERYTHING goes away. DING!

i head to a neurologist just to be sure.. he orders me a brain MRI and everything comes back clear. He tells me about trigger points and referred pain - offers to inject them but i say no (i just want to fix instead of mask the issue).. he tells me that even putting a needle in would relieve the pain.. DING! ACUPUNCTURE!

I go back to the orthopedic surgeon in April - he tells me that I need to breathe as his advice and wants me to continue physical therapy. orders a cervical MRI. I get the results and I have a couple minor bulging discs.. the only major was 3mm at C5... nothing he says the would cause the facial tingling or the major inflammation

At this point i am meditating every day, taking lavender infused epsom salt baths, getting 1.5 hour massages every week, taking long walks, listening to soothing music, neglecting my work because i am making it my job to calm down.

I also moved in with my boyfriend in February.. new EXPENSIVE apt, no full time job, new BMW car payment (all commitments pre job loss), student loans, my own health insurance..

my therapist wanted me on an antidepressant because I have a history and i was convinced this was all physical and that stress, anxiety and depression had never affected me this way... it was impossible. I had also never been in this stressful situation before.

I started cupping and acunpunture on my back and a couple of sessions for my jaw and TMJ... MIRACLE!! i felt relief after 2 sessions. IT is something you need be patient with, but it works! I still did massage once a week, heat muscle, epsom salt baths, meditation, icing, and rest.

The facial flushing and tingling was spreading across my nose and into my cheeks.. totally scaring me and causing me to panic. I decided i was desperate because the other pain was dissipating but not the facial. i went back on lexapro after reading that anxiety can cause facial tingling.

May 2016: So here we are... this last month has been game changing. I have been on lexapro for 3 weeks. i started with 5mg (I'm super sensitive) and i felt relief within a week. I am now up to 10mg just in the last few days and it has made major changes. I am doing acupuncture and massage about every week and a half to keep it up. I am still meditating every day and started working out about 5x a week again.

The other game changer was that i went to a doctor in Irvine, CA (where i am from) who is a chiropractor (who uses the little tool instead of manual - which i think started my freak out) and is also a nutritionist. He told me that when our brain is in a hyper active state for too long it can actually get stuck. I was FLOORED! I had NEVER in my life heard of this or had anyone experience it. I knew the mind was powerful but wow. It explained why i could do all these relaxation techniques and my brain was still in FIGHT OR FLIGHT mode all the time. He took a look at my x rays and MRI and noticed I had a straightening of the cervical spine.. which basically 80% of our population has due to cell phones and computers. This puts a ton of pressure on the nervous system and stretches the brain stem and sympathetic nerve system and messes with your entire Neuro function. My mind was in constant anxiety... as soon as i knew this i felt less bad already... he adjusted my body and told me to give him 3 months. he was going to restore the curve in my neck and help me. I am taking a supplement with vitamin B (helps with nerves), magnesium (helps with muscles and relaxing) and an antioxidant. I am also on 10mg of Lexapro.

I honestly thought it was hopeless and made it my JOB to get well. but let me tell you that TODAY.. all my neck tension is gone, my back is full of cupping marks but no pain, my ears are no longer full from my TMJ and I'm about 80% out of the woods on that, I am taking lexapro (it ***** for the first few days, but stick it out i promise you it gets better - i was puking and had insomnia... but it goes away)... and my face just tingles a little here a there around my nose or cheeks.. it doesn't scare me anymore because i know its my adrenaline and the only way to combat it is to work out and release it and that with time and less worry it will!

Hope you see this Mara R4444.
This sounds EXACTLY LIKE ME!
How are things for you now?
Holy hell you just described me!
How are you these days!
I stay in a state of chronic anxiety thinking the worst all the time,but even when I'm not thinking about it,it hits md from nowhere!
Constant dizziness drives me batty!
Are you getting total relief now?
Can you PLEASE email me ***@****
HELP. I have questions. You almost fully descrived my symptoms. Please contact me
Please contact me! I have questions. HELP Im freaking out.Thinking something is seriously wrong. Feel also pressure in my neck and head line my arteries are inflammed. Please contact me Pvillarreal34 @yahoo .c o m