Stroke Community
Worried? Pain in neck, tingling on face, Dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Hi.  FOr ages I have been complaining about dizziness and a pins and needles feeling in my left cheek.  (by ages, since 2003)  I have been sent for ultrasound of coratid artery (no problems) and and MRI/MRA (no problems) but the symptoms are not only stil there, they are getting worse, considerably.  I have noticed that this summer, with humidity real high, they are horrible!  

When this happens, I will feel a pins and needles type tingling from actually right below my jaw bone, covering the entire left side of my face to the left of my eye and about a 1/3 of the way into my forehead on same side.  This will intensify as the day goes on.  

Then my neck will hurt BAD!  Again, always the left, from my shoulder blade, sort of up the back of my neck, to behind my left ear.

After that I will be hit with HUGH waves of dizziness, sometimes to the point of almost blacking out.  I have a real feeling something is major wrong!  I feel somewhat sick to my stomach.  When I say dizziness, it isn't like everything spins, it is like I feel out of whack.

This really has me worried.  It comes out of no place, my stress level is probably the  lowest it has been in years ( I quit work a few months ago and am glad about that decision - no $$ issues  because of it)

Does ANYONE have a clue?  My dr. just told me medicine can't fix everything, but THIS IS NOT NORMAL and NOT in my head.  I just don't want to have to have a stroke to prove it!
When you say your stress level is now low, was it high before? Just my opinion but it may be as simple as residual stress. Perhaps, if you carried a high stress level before, your body may have become accustom to expressing what you keep feeling now. You might want to think about taking a yoga class, biofeedback class, full body massages, long warm baths or other things that you feel would pamper your body, mind and soul. Also, try to stop reading the newspaper or watching the news on television everyday. That's enough to give us all a lot of stress. You might be very aware of the conscious mind but sometimes it's what our subconscious mind is doing that can cause these types of problems. The good news is that all of your medical tests came back negative. Maybe it's time you looked inside yourself for the answers. Start by taking a long, quiet walk by yourself. Enjoy the day or evening. Notice the birds, the stars, the moon like you did when you were a child. Try sitting at the edge of a large body of water and simply look around. Pay attention to the sights, sounds and smells of mother nature. Take a few deep breaths and let your mind go.
In response to your question, yes I was in a very stressful work environment before I quit.  I had an extreme amount of responsibility with a huge number of people.  It was a VERY hard decision for me to leave; but it was a right decision.  
Actually, I made that decision in the quite type environments that you talk about.

However,  this is a VERY REAL feeling.  It does not just happen IF I am stressed, it happens all the time and very often at times when I am most at peace; like with my kids or at home enjoying something that I am doing.  

I am not sitting around stressing the decisions that I made and I feel that at this point in my life, I am more happy than I have been in ages; partially because I put myself before my job.  

I appreciate your response, but feel that medically there is something going on here and the only stress that I am feeling is that my concerns, and ultimately my life,  are not being taken seriously by the medical professionals.  That is spooky stuff.  That is why I have made an appointment with a new dr.

I still would like to hear from anyone that might have a clue with the relationship between by face tingling, neck pain, and dizziness.  Please.  

You seem to be very concerned that you might have a stroke. You indicated that both your MRA/MRI and your ultrasound came back negative. That's a good thing concerning the possibility of an eminent stroke. Based on my understanding, what I witnessed with my wife's stroke and according to the American Heart Association as well as the American Stroke Association is that there are very few outward physical warning signs a stroke MIGHT happen but when it DOES happen, it happens quickly, i.e. minutes.

c&p from the American Heart Associations and the American Stroke Associations web page concerning strokes;

Stroke Warning Signs
If you notice one or more of these signs, don't wait. Stroke is a medical emergency. Call 9-1-1 or your emergency medical services. Get to a hospital right away!  
Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
Sudden, severe headache with no known cause
Take action in an emergency.
Not all the warning signs occur in every stroke. Don't ignore signs of stroke, even if they go away!
Check the time. When did the first warning sign or symptom start? You'll be asked this important question later.
If you have one or more stroke symptoms that last more than a few minutes, don't delay! Immediately call 9-1-1 or the emergency medical service (EMS) number so an ambulance (ideally with advanced life support) can quickly be sent for you.
If you're with someone who may be having stroke symptoms, immediately call 9-1-1 or the EMS. Expect the person to protest
Thanks for the support.  I hope I am wrong.  I just know how much worse it continues to get.  Thanks again.  Nancy
I have experined the same for last 5 months. i have done every thing possible, but no clue. please if u have found the answer let ne know.
sam
Hi Nancy, and all, this is my first time on this site but I am very surprised that we have so much in common.

I have the exact same symptoms but on my right side.  The symptoms started about one month ago and just pop up out of no where.  I have done the exact thing you have.  I had an Ultra Sound (carotid artery)- Perfect results and no plaque at all, a heart scan, an MRI on my brain and sinus area etc and everything is great.   Last year I had a numbness under my shoulder in the back and I could actually stick it with a pin and not feel it.

The Cause was from me trimming trees overhead for about a week straight - clearing out high branches around my 10 deer stands.  I bow hunt and gun hunt White Tail Deer in Minnesota. Why do I need 10 deer stands? don't ask me, it must be a mid life crisis thing - I am 42 years old.

Anyway I had pinched something and it took over 6 months for it to finally let loose.

This year I trimmed a ton of branches (overhead) at our cabin and more at my deer stands again and now the same symptoms are coming back, but this time I have tingling from the right side of my forehead to my jaw and it feels like my right eyelid is sagging or has more fluid in it but it does not look puffy.  I also have the right side of my chest feeling numb and tingling and a little into my right arm.  At first I thought I was having a stroke when it first started but with all the test I think that is ruled out. - Can you have a stroke even if you have perfectly clear arteries to your heart and no narrowing or blockage in your neck arteries? I hope not or I will be worrying about that all over again.

I do not know what triggers the symptoms but I have really been looking into the effects of caffine or fructose.  I have been a mountain dew junky and I am trying to quit but I keep failing.  It seems like when I have to much caffine, it triggers the symptoms - can this happen or is this just my imagination?  I do feel pain in my  right lower back and pain and tightness in my right shoulder.  Last night I stretched really good and this morning I had no symptoms.  Then I carried a weed sprayer around for about a half an hour and I felt burning and pain in my right shoulder.  About 15 minutes later the whole face tingling, numb side of my chest started up again.  As I type this my right shoulder is tingling and I have to put my hands down once in a while to give it a break.

Do you think we might have problems with our shoulders?  Do you use your computer alot - if so, could this  cause shoulder problems?

I am desperate becaue it really is a freaky thing with the weird symptoms.  

I have strength and movement in my arms and shoulders.  Can there still be issues.  Anyway I hope we can figure this out becuase not knowing whatis causing this is the worst part.

Kevin
For a week I have had right eye vision problems, almost like my eyes are not in sync when they try to focus.  The side of my nose aches, my eye aches as does a circular area around my eye.  I get dizzy.  Been to the optomotrist, GP, nuerologist and chiropractor.  No relief, even with pain killers.  I can hardly think straight between the pain and not knowing.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Help
Florentyna
Hi all ,
It is comforting, if anything, to know there are people out there who would understand how I feel.
I started feeling dizzy in November 2005. The dizziness was accompanied by a sense of numbness on my left arm to the point that when I slept on my right side I woke up with my left arm completely numb.
The symptoms have varied during this year and the numbness in my left arm was nearly gone till about a month ago, when I started feeling pins a needles on the left side of my face and jaw (and my left arm again). The dizziness has remained during all this time but I have periods of a few days when it disappears.
I have been to all kind of doctors, neurologists (3), ENT (2 MRIs of the head and spine and one of my ear and my temporo-maxilar bone) and even to Accidents & Emergency at hospital, I was so scared I was having a stroke or  there was something wrong with my heart (I think the palpitations were due to me panicking with these symptomps). I have also had a general check up with blood tests, x rays and everything else but they have found NOTHING.
Everyody says I should be happy because I am healthy (apparently) and I guess they are right but I would like so much to know what is wrong with me. When all these symptoms start I really think a stroke is on its way
I have been to 7 doctors. Ranging from a Neurologist to a podiatrist. After a car accident in 2000 I have had terrible pain in my left hip area as well as neck. After that I had 2 abdominal opertions. After the first opertion where the doctor took out the uterus with fibroid my pelvic area started to fill up with fluids. This fluid kept coming back and they had an external bag collecting this fluid for a month. The doctors then decided to do another abdominal operation to take my ovaries out. They said they were not sure where the water was coming from. Either it was a lymphocele or water from the ovaries. Anyway, after this operation I almost immediately started to have a different type of pain in my left hip (not the kind after the accident) and all the way up and down my left side of the body. It is the most weird sensation. The tightness and pain in my greater trochanteric area is so bad that I can hardly rotate my hip. When that is at its worst I also have tightness under my left shoulder blade, under my left armpit, left side of the neck and under my jaw, tingling in my left cheek,  tightness and pain behind my left eye when I push against the eye. It almost feels like my left side is dying. This also goes all the way down to my knee and ankle. All on the left side. The first time my left cheek started to tingle and my left arm did not have much strength I thought I was having a stroke. Apparently, the emergency room doctors did not think I had anything wrong with my heart either. They did a chest x-ray. Anyway, all the doctors are completely sure that this hip pain has nothing to do with anything else. I am not so sure about that. What if the fluid in my pelvic area was a lymphocele caused by the first operation and somehow the lymph nodes got affected for which this is happening? If any of you have any suggestions please let me know. I feel like if someone doesn't help soon that it might be too late. Also, for some of you with tingling cheeks I would like you to read an article that I read in my research.The website is www.sarapin.com
Maybe it will help someone. Good luck to all. Ammi
hi everyone, let me start by saying i hope all of us feel better soon! since may 06' i've been having some weird syptoms (symptoms) and im only 22 so its really bothering me. i have a pressure type feeling in my neck area and sometimes i think i feel it up to my ears.i have this terrible dizziness sick type of headache in the front of my head that i get, that might go away for a week and then comes back everyday. im just trying to figure out if maybe i somehow injured something in my neck area? what could cause this weird sort of pressure feeling? its so strange. i went to my dr and he also said it was weird and had no clue, which wasnt too comforting. so hes sending me for bloodwork and then to a ent to see if they can help he also suggested a sonogram of the area i said is bothering me. i do remember though the day before all of these feelings started i was getting ready to go out and i remember feeling something almost like a tapping followed my the weirdest feeling in my thoat/neck area. almost as if something had popped. what could that have been? and then the next day after that happened thats what i had all the strange feelings of pressure and headaches start. i had no clue what to do and i have a feeling im just going for all these tests and no one is going to help! if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it very much, these symptoms are impairing everything i do i cant even work or go to my classes, its so aggrevating.
Hi everyone this is Sj.  I have had similar symptoms.  I went to my doctor and he said that it might be stress.  I am very worried.

Please send me your feedback I would really like to hear it.  What date did you symptoms start, are you in a major city or town, what general area.  What work do you mostly do or spend alot of time doing.  One I can guess is time on the computer.
Is there any weather that the symptoms can be associated with, even if its only on normal days.  Is your family or career been more of an issue latly?  Is there a favorite drink like coffee or anything in common.

Alot of what I hear people describing sounds like things I have been experiencing.  I have had the neck tightness, the throat weird feeling and the tingle in the neck and other issues.  Not so much headaches but trouble focusing or remembering.  Also had the jaw soreness and the eye feeling irritated. A bit of dizzyness and  tingle in the face and now in the hands.  Alot of times it will be more than one at once but not always. General feelings of being uncomfortable on the computer and issues with my throat.
For me I started noticing the first set of symptoms of dizziness and tingles around September - October 2006.  The newer one's are from around June - August. and
are tingles in the minders and numbness in the arm. Try mouth and sour throat.  Some trouble sleeping.

There is stress in my life over what to do with my life, and I have some fights with people I care about but the feeling I have feels like it is agitation and is not emotional.
Hello, I'm a 42-year-old African American woman with high blood pressure (I take hct 12.5 mill since I was 27 years old). My job is very stressful and my sister age 45 is a recent survivor of  two heart attacks (June 2007 and July 2007). Over the past two weeks I have been experiencing really weird pains. Sharp pains in my legs (around the inside of my knees) it feels like it's in my veins or something. My left arm has experienced paralysis or became numb on several occasions and now I have numbness and pain up my left arm and the left side of my neck; sharp throbbing pains up my neck and into the back of my head. I also have throbbing in the inner side of my legs...around the artery... numbness in my left big toe...then sharp little pains that come and go in my fingers, left foot, forearm and neck. Today I have a off and on throbbing in my head, towards the left side and a headeache…I'm not sure if this is stress or not...but I’m going to seek immediate medical attention….Any suggestions on the types of test I should ask my doctor about?
Last week when I was at work all the sudden out of nowhere I lost partial vision. To explain a little better; If I were to look at the clock I could not see half of it (the 3 to the 6 were blurred out) But I could see everything around it. This lasted for about 15 minutes and the blur slowly moved up in both of my eyes. About 5 minutes after my sight came back I started to feel very unusual. I believe that my eyes were dialated. I was in and out of not being able to understand what people were saying and occasionally words would come out of my mouth all jumbled. I experienced tingling/numbness on the right side of my face, behind my eyes, and behind my nose. My arms went numb and my hands felt cold although they were warm. I finally started to normal out after about 2-3 hours but I have had a headache ever since. It's been over a week!! I'm miserable! I've seen a few doctors that said it was either a migraine with aurua (sp?) or a mini-stroke. I had a cat scan and I just had an MRI last friday. I've been trying to contact my neurologist all day to find out the results of my MRI and he wont call me back. The lady at the front desk said not to worry and that it came back normal. But this doesn't get rid of my insane headaches and it doesn't tell me why I experienced these symptoms... Any suggestions?
I'm having similar symptoms.  They've put me on anti-anxiety meds for the panic attacks, but I'm absolutely sure the physical distress precedes the mental distress.

It starts as a burning/numb/itchy sensation in the right shoulder blade, spreads up the right side of the neck and behind the ear. On bad days, the right side of my face and my lips feel numb.  And of course there's the dizziness, which isn't really dizziness, or even vertigo for that matter.  It's just this yucky feeling that everything is distorted somehow.  It's very disorienting and quite scary.

I've found that Ibuprofen reduces whatever inflamation (inflammation) seems to be causing this and reduces my symptoms within an hour or two.

The balance and drooping eyelid problems people have might be related to the Sternocleidomastoid muscle getting out of whack in all this mess.  All the muscles on the affected side of my shoulder are knotted and tense, to the point of making a nasty popping sound if I try to spin my arm around to loosen up the tension.

Very weird stuff.  This is my first week on the anti-anxiety stuff, and it's reducing the panicky feeling, but I need to report the rest of these symptoms to my doc when I see him in a couple of weeks.
I am a 56 year old male in good physical condition. Keep my weight down, eat right and exercise regularly. For the past few days I have had similar symptoms. It started as a strange tingling sensation behind my right shoulder blade that would quickly spread down the right side of my back to my waist and up to my neck.  As it spread, the dizziness or light headedness would come on. This would happen intermitently over the cource of the day and only last about 45 seconds to a minute each time.  It never happens when I am sitting.  Always when I am walking, climbing stairs or other forms of mild exersion. Today I has less tingling but was basically dizzy everytime I stood or walked for as long as I stood or walked.  There is no pain of any kind. Just this odd dizziness or disorientation. Went to an Urgent Care office last evening and they agreed it was an odd set of symptons and suggested it could be stress or "vascular" but provided no advice or medication.  Suggested I wait and see if the symptoms change.  I am currently in a very stressful situation caring for my wife who is ill, caring for a 92 year old parent that lives with us, recent expensive ($9k) car repaits and in a new very demanding job facing critical deadlines. So... it very well could be stress but I have never seen such a physical manifestation. Have an appointment to see my regular doctor tomorrow morning.  Hope to get some answers.

Sounds similar to a couple of previous postings.  Does this sound familar to anyone?
OK, so after a couple of weeks of anti-anxiety meds, the feeling is gradually going away.  They have me on an SSRI (Citalopram) which I take daily, and will continue taking for about 6 more weeks, so I'm told.  I'm actually surprised, but this does seem to be anxiety related.

Here's what convinced me it was anxiety & tension.

The first few days of taking the SSRI sucked big time.  The side effects for me were dizziness and confusion, which triggered a couple of panic attacks.  The numbness and tingling in my shoulder blade, back of the neck and back of the head got worse and spread to my scalp in general.  It was bad, and I was freaking the hell out.

So I took the emergency Alprazolam (basically Xanax) they gave me for these types of attacks.  I thought, "fine, this will kill my panic attack, but that damn numb tingly feeling and the dizziness will still be there."  Well, guess what.  They weren't.  Within the few minutes that it took for the drug to kick in, I was left with only a lightheaded feeling (probably from either drug), no tingling, no intense dizziness.

It was kind of a revelation for me, and I'm determined to kick this as an anxiety issue now.

Bear in mind that the doctors had already run the gamut of tests on me before: cardiac, bloodwork, MRI, CAT scans, Neurology exams, the works. So it really came down to this, and I finally acknowledged it.

This past week has been much better.  The tingling comes back now and then, but doesn't spread like it did before.  When I mentioned it to my doc, he told me muscle tension in the trapezius causes those symptoms.

Based on my own knowledge that this can also affect trigger points in the sternocleidomastoid muscle, which can cause dizziness, disorientation, lacrimation, and "drooping eye", I'm starting to understand that the anxiety is triggering a lot of these problems, even if I wasn't aware of any such anxiety before.

So when the doctors can't find anything physically wrong, I'd advise asking about anxiety problems, and what your options might be.
I have had some very similiar symptoms as many of you.  I assumed mine were sinus related.

Usually I have issues with the right side of my face tingling and hence once thought I was betting belles palsy agin--yes I said again.  I did have it 11 years ago or so.  It is can be stress/anxiety related.  However mine was related to having shingles in my ear.

Anyway, I currently have tingling and extreme sensitivity on the left side of my face.  It hurts and aches really bad.  My ear drum aches and my ear lobe tingles.  I have had A LOT of uper should blade mucle aching and paid recently too.

I have had a lot of back/neck issues over the years.  Everyone has different reasons why.  Could be the car accidents I had when I was younger, could be gaining weight or carrying (4) children 9 months.  Maybe it is working on a computer for 8-9 hours daily.  Whatever the cause, it is there.

So along with the tingling, aching, and shoulder pain.  I have neck pain and terrible heacaches.  When the headaches gets terrible, I get nautious.

Maybe it is anxiety related as I know I am absolutely overwhelmed at work.  I am raising (4) boys on my own with no financial support and very little physical support of their father.

I know I am very emotional and a bit depressed and although I do not have panic attacks I can have anger outbursts when I get overwhelmed with my kids at the end of a day.  (sorry run on sentence)

I do know the pain is very real.  I do experience a sort of weird focusing feeling.  Not so much vertigo or blurry vision but like being distant in my eyes or looking at life thru a tunnel.

I appreciated reading others thoughts and issues as it helps me feel normal in a weird sort of way.

Thanks!

tlmb
I've currently had  (1) T.I.A.'s one June 04,2008 while I was driving to work, a T.I.A. caused me to wreck I have no memory of the wreck nor what went on around me until later in the afternoon in my hospital room. My Lt. from the Sheriff Office where I work stated I slurring my words, confusion, trouble keeping my balance and no memory of what was happening. Headaches was a consent companion for 2 months. I have migraines anyway so I really didn't think much about it until a couple days before my first mini stroke.  The (2) T.I.A. Sept. 15, '08 (mini stroke) happened while I was working. Slow speaking, balance off and my eyes was heavy (actually doc discovers right eye looking in and up and left eye straight) and weakness in left side of my body. Actual stroke symptoms. Test ran after each T.I.A.(mini stroke) CAT SCAN MRI/MRA/MRV/MRI with die and EEG/TEE: the conclusion on some test was I was normal other test showed-I have the heart of a 20 yr. old and the veins of elderly person. There is some plague in the veins on one side of the brain and older looking blood vessels on the other side of my brain for the age of 50. No determination on why nor where these (mini strokes) are originating from. Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN. is my next stop for hope of finding out where these T.I.A.'s (mini strokes) are coming from and what can be done if anything to stop them.
Wow... This forum finally makes me feel like I'm not crazy!  I am an otherwise healthy, fit 26 year old male.  I am a singer with a cruise line.  Been on stage practically my whole life and been on ships for nearly 5 years, so I definitely have my sea legs and no stage fright.  All of a sudden I've had similar symptoms to what people here have described -- out of focus/dizzy vision as if I'm wearing someone elses prescription glasses, headaches, nausea, a faint pins and needles feeling in my left hand, and chronic neck pain.  Also, now the lights from the show are too intense for me too handle, as are the bright lights around the mirrors in my dressing room.  On top of it all, I've had intense anxiety and panic attacks which I've never had a problem with before.  I don't necessarily think I'm just freaking out about my symptoms. I think whatever this is triggers that "fight or flight" response and thus makes panic attack onset easier.  I am actually signing off the ship medically today to have an MRI and other testing done.  I have a feeling after reading posts from people who are having similar symptoms that my MRI is going to come back normal and that I am going to find no concrete evidence of brain tumor, stroke or MS which are the 3 biggies I'm worried about.  I wonder if this isn't some kind of pinched nerve... probably something so microscopic inside the human body that it is damn near impossible to detect, but which has detremental effects.  I'm curious to hear from the people who HAVE found out what is causing their symptoms.  
Check out the "complicated migraine at 33?" thread in this forum and see how similar your experience is to theirs. I had many of the same symptoms described here, mine is a complicated migraine initially misdiagnosed as a TIA. Has to do with neurotransmitters and serotonin causing all these stroke like symptoms, now taking tricyclics which made a big difference. Everybody is different, someone here said it was stress for them, but no way was that me. You need to follow through with the Docs and tests and if it's still in doubt, find the best, closest neurology hospital and park yourself there. When it feels serious and in doubt, call 911.
I am a 50yo female that have had all the things u are all goining though finaly I found out my neck has disk problems that are pinched off the nerves my head my left arm I have migrains tingleing in my face arm is numb mri showed disk disese (disease) it even affects my vision  and I also have panick attacks and my ears and sinus all ways hurt pinched nerves can do alot of problems who would have thought  hope u all get well.

Reading this thread already makes me feel somewhat relieved to know I'm not insane. Been experiencing tingling in different parts of my face for a couple months now, it usually only lasts a few seconds but its disconcerting. Over the past few weeks, the tingling is more frequent and now it's coupled by this foggy/dizzy feeling. Not a spinning, more like a haze or that I'm about to lose my balance. This is more frightening. I'll be watching TV and for a few seconds I'll feel like I'm going to pass out and then it goes back to the haze. I have chronic sinus problems so my doctor sent me off for scan. It came back this week positive for chronic sinusitis. My doctor told me I had several abnormalities but wouldn't go in to details, I'm seeing a specialist next week. Anyway, I too have muscle pain in my neck that has really been acting up over the last few weeks. I've had it off and on for years but it seems to have been worse for the past couple of weeks. I never would have thought there was any relation to what's been happening but after reading all of these posts it would seem logical that there's some association. Finally, at the beginning of this year I was diagnosed with Plantar fasciitis. I took Advil regularly for most of the year. I stopped about 45 days ago. Lack of anti-inflammatory could explain why my neck is acting up now. I'm going to take a couple of Advil for a few days, try to exercise more and see what happens. Thanks to all for sharing, I feel like an idiot telling my wife this because it sounds nuts but glad others are out there sharing their experiences.
WOW...  I'm glad I found this site as my symptoms are similar also.  I went to the dr yesterday and am sheduled for an MRI on Monday.  I was rear-ended 16 years ago and always had neck problems and was rear-ended again about a month ago and have had numbness in hands, arms, legs, face, feet just about daily now - getting progressively worse and also dizziness (feeling unbalanced really) every day.  Will report any findings as I get more testing done.
Trust your body.  You know when something is wrong.  I have numbness and tingling from a minor stroke eight weeks ago.  They said it was in my cerebellum from small vessel disease.  

Hope you get better
I had something simular to what you are describing. did all the CT scans ..MRIs ..etc. i lived with it for another 6 months before i went to my dentist to find out that i had a badly infected tooth that was infected into my sinus cavity which was causing the tingling, shooting pains.. etc
Some of the symptoms people are describing in this forum are similar to my problems with neck tension.  Mine started about 8 years ago in association with some emotional trama which started tension headaches.  These headaches have developed into chronic neck tension and associated headaches which, left untreated, become migraines.  My symptoms usually start with soreness and tension in my neck muscles.  Usually this is accompanied by a mild headache in my temples, and a feeling of tightness in my face muscles and skin.  I describe it like a bungie cord attached to the back of my skull and someone is pulling on it.  Very uncomfortable.  If I don't address the muscle tension immediately, or if it happens when I sleep, the full progression of symptoms becomes intense "headache" pain radiating from the back of my skull to my temples, up the sides of my face and head, downwards in my eyes, behind my ears, and even into my sinuses.  Typically the right side is worse, or all the pain could be on my right side.  I will have sinus congestion, trouble with blurry vision or trouble focusing my eyes, dizziness, vertigo, and loss of vision (vision going black) when I move too quickly.  All of this will be accompanied by a feeling of pressure or tightness in my face and neck mucles, and often nausea.  Sometimes I will also have dry mouth.  Sometimes I will have tingling in my face, or down my arms.

What most people don't realize is that the muscles in the upper back and neck are attached through a series of muscles and tiny ligaments to nerve bundles in the base of the skull.  These nerve muscles travel behind the ears, across the back of the skull, through the jaw, the sides of the face, the temples, and the eye sockets and sinuses.  Essentially all the surficial nerves in your head travel to the spine in your neck through these nerve bundles.  When your muscles are tense, they pull on the ligaments that attach those muscles to anchor points, such as the base of the skull.  This tension causes inflammation in the ligament nerves, and those nerve bundles.  This in turn affects all the nerve systems that are attached and in sync with those neck mucles.  Its a long chain of cause and affect that results in referred pain and muscular tension.

THis is information that I have come to through many years of seeing physical therapists, message therapists, doctors, and chiropractors.  Through xray it was discovered that I have a spinal misalignment caused by scar tissue.  Any physical or emotional stress can cause the muscles that are constantly fighting to re-align those vertebrae to fatigue, and tense up.  The resulting tension causes all my associated symptoms, headache, migraine, pain, blurry vision, difficulty focusing, sinus congestion, and nausea.  My "cure" is massage and chiropractic therapy, once every two weeks, probably for the rest of my life.  But it works!

I'm not saying any of you have the same situation as myself.  But I do want you to realize that all of the nerve sytems in the head and even brain are connected, and inflammation in any one region (sinus, eyes, teeth, jaw, muscles, spine, etc.) can in turn affect many other areas.  And what may seem neurological (migraine symtoms (symptoms), tingling, dizziness, nausea, etc.) could be physical, such as chronic inflammation from stress-related tension or physical trauma, or pinched nerves from problems with spinal alignment or a "slipped disc."

So don't panic... try to narrow down your focus to one re-occuring or "source" symptom and see where that leads you.

And hang in there...I found a treatment that works, and maybe so can you!
I have very similar issues.  It started out 9 months ago with a thumping in my ear...then I got a high heart rate, then now tingling on left side.  I have been to two ENT's a Cardiologist, Pulmonary doctor, and had a CT and MRI and they cant find anything except high heart rate.   They link all to anxiety which is frustrating.  I think my anxiety is causing my problems and my problems are causing anxiety. I too do not feel particularly stressed, but I did start my own business recently and I guess am stressed, but dont know it.
Hi, I'm a 40year asian female. I have such tingling and numbness on my neck and shoulders and it spreads up my head and down to my forehead.  it feels like intense pressure, not throbbing, but just like my bones in my head are inflamed or expanding.
so kind of constant dull headache, but kind of ticklish/tingling/pins and needles. it's very scary feeling. and also i have some sinus issues so when this starts it interferes with breathing through the nose. i can physically turn my head, but it hurts. my neck and shoulders are tense, but who's isn't?  i pray for everyone and everyone, please pray for me.  god bless.
I, too, have had the tingling on the left side of the face, along with the dizziness.  I had torticollis a few years ago and sinuses have always been a problem.  My Dr just set me up to see a neurologist.  I have been quite scared lately.  I love my job, but stress is always an issue.  Hopefully, this is nothing serious
I too have had some of these issues....tingling on the left side of my face and fingers/toes. I have had slurred speech and trouble walking.
I get dizzy a lot! I had all the test done and the are all good results! They found nothing!
* Found a new Dr who thinks it is low Vitamin B-12. He started me on weekly shots and it has helped TREMENDOUSLY!!!! :)  Just thought I would share....maybe it might help someone???
Around the first of november I came down with the flu and when it cleared up I still had sinus problems( feeling of snot draining down my throat). On New Years eve I was eating lunch and suddenly became very dizzy, it only lasted for a few moments that time but has continued to happen. I have been to the immediate care center where I was told that it was veritgo, I have seen my doctor twice and was told the same thing yet the dizzy feeling doesn't come from motion it just shows up when it wants to. The last time at my doctors i was prescribed antibiotic for the sinus issues and i felt better while i was taking it, the dizzienes went away but was replaced with pain in my neck( feels like if it pops i will feel better) and after about a week of being done with antibiotic dizzieness has returned along with the blurred vision. I don't know what to do, my doctor acts like i am crazy but i feel horrible and i don;t even want to get out of bed anymore. My husband is annoyed by all of this and doesn't seem to understand that it may be annoying to him but he has no idea what it is like to feel like this. if anyone knows what this is please let me know.
Did anyone in this post get checked for MS?  Can be neck problems (like herniation).  And migraine variant is a good bet too.  I have suffered for 14 years with this, off and on.  Neuro docs have said "MS" 3 times now.  Most relief was with epilepsy drugs though - but I don't have epilepsy.  Many of these drugs are miracle drugs when used off-label.  Now having more neuro tests.
Hi, everyone this is all similar to my story. In the summer I went to see my sister with a fever of 103 f and i was really sick the whole time so i was switched to a stronger antibiotic which i guess started working once i took an advil my tempeture drastically went down and my symptoms went away besides my bronchitis which i still have. anyway when i came back to my  hometown I felt a little dizzy everyday it slowly almost unnoticeabley got worse then i started having random minor hullicanation where stuff looked wierd then i started having very vivid flashbacks almost more vivid then reality itself that interrupted my thinking. alot of things including floor patterns and wall patterns started to look trippy. it started getting harder to get my eyes in focus i have 4 eye floaters and i used to only have one and i get minor headaches in the back of my head and my jaw started feeling like someone was sitting on it and on top of this i got sick like 1 month and a week ago with a sinus and throat infection which like 3 days before i got sick i started getting neck pain (the neck pain's the worse when I lift my head up looking down doesn't feel bad at all in fact it relieves some of the pressure) and my jaw pain got alot worse when the infection cleared up the neck pain just keeps getting worse and my jaw just keeps getting tighter not as bad in the morning but over the course of the day i can barely stand and just recently my left eye hurts it hurts to look up. FATIGUE, HEADACHE, NECK PAIN, JAW PAIN, VERTIGO, DIZZINESS, BLURRY VISION, INCREASE IN EYE FLOATERS, EYE PAIN, HALLUCINATIONS, VIVID FLASHBACKS EFFECTING THOUGHTS, HARD TO THINK STRAIGHT, AND IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE WHAT DO I DO AND WHAT IS THIS? FOR GOD SAKE HELP.
Try www.migraines.org for more migraine info. I used to stay up all night surfing the web for answers. I thought I had everything from MS, ALS, stroke, etc. So do yourself a favor and see a GOOD neurologist.
I have all the same symptoms. The doctor just told me it is RSD. Reflex Sympathetic Disorder. It is very serious. And I am still trying to understand it!!
I was just diagnosed with Eagle Syndrome. it is a disorder involving the Styloid Process. A bone that extends from both sides of the base of the scull just behind the ears. There are ligaments that attach to it and some how they have calcified. It shold only be about 3 cm long. Mine extend to my throat.  I have had the folowing symptoms for about 4 years: shooting pain along the right side of my neck, numbness on the right side of my face, aches and shooting pain in my ear, jaw and face. From what I have learned so far it can also cause strokes. The doctor wont say but I think it has also been causing the pain in my sinuses.  My CT scan showed that my sinuses were fine but believe me they are not. You can see styloind elongation clearly in my CT scan. My surgery is at the end of June, 2010 to remove the elongation part. I am told it is very painful. I suggest you get a CT scan just to make sure you do not suffer from this as well.  GOOD LUCK.
I have had some crazy vertigo for six weeks.  than gone now numbness and tingling in my scalp, forehead and bothsides of face.  Started taking natural vitiamins and minerals and seems less in two days.  My sister also advised me that artificial sweetners might be a problem.  So I will try to take those out of my diet.  God Bless.  I also pray alot.
I am wondering how many other people have had the "flu" prior to symptoms?  I had what I thought was the flu for several weeks before going to the ER.  Seems I had gotten a bacterial infection from ill cooked Wendy's chicken.  This type of bacteria, left untreated, CAN cause permanent nerve damage.  I have also been dizzy and had tingling in my face, scalp, and left arm.  I will be making the trip to my regular Dr to follow up.  I just thought you all should know.  Caplybactor bacteria is serious and often untreated as it presents as the flu and in most people goes away on it's own in 10 days.  But if it doesn't or if your immune system was weak, it can cause severe, permanent damage.
I have had two episodes of tingling on the left side of my face. 1st one was two years ago, last week the second. Other symptoms are slight dizzy, headache on left side temple, ringing in the ear. I thought too I was having a mild stroke.  I am an Acupuncturist and what i can tell you is this. Especially those of you that came up clean in your western exams. In Chinese Medicine, all these symptoms are valid and we consider it to be wind in the channel of the liver and gallbladder.  When wind and heat mix in these two channels it can give one symptoms such as what i have described.  If you also notice the symptoms all travel along the same routes as heart attack symptoms. So the confusing and fear of heart attack is real. Yet, not really happening.  If you are not a strong candidate for stroke or heart attack i would highly recommend seeing a practitioner of chinese medicine along with your western med doc's.  These symptoms and the root cause can be reversed and more than that it can be explained so to relieve your anxiety.
WHAT ARE THE LONG TERM EFFECTS OF THIS?
Does anyone have any answers yet on what is causing this???

March 2001 doctors visit:
Sudden onset of pins/needles and pain in right side of body - head, neck, arm, hand, knee, ankle.
Swelling on outside of r. knee and outside of r. ankle.
R. eye vision affected, not spinning, but disoriented vision.
R. eye twitching every second.
R. ear discomfort.
Hearing greatly demised.
Discomfort breathing in right side of chest.
Head hurts not from head ache, but scalp/joint/muscle (??pinched nerve pain??). Pins and needles in right side of scalp feels almost maddening from hurt/discomfort. Sometimes, it gives me a few seconds of relief to place my right hand on my head, push.
Over all not feeling well at all.
Many times light headed when standing up.
Pain used to be worse when sitting, now it is standing, sitting, and laying down.
Physician (DO) said he would check for MS and Lupus. This was done in office, with a blood test.  

Doctor said not to worry about anything, it is all fibromyalgia. Placed me on Savella. Is it fibromyalgia? I don't believe all of this is. When I tore my knee cap, he said fibromyalgia. When I twisted my ankle, he said fibromyalgia. When another doctor said pinched nerve, he said pinched nerve and changed his mind later and now says don't worry, it is only fibromyalgia. The past couple years, I've been bothered with  lower back pain/sciatic nerve, and he said fibromyalgia.

All areas of pins and needles went to numbness and itching. Imagine having your arm, leg, ankle, foot, and right side of your head to go to sleep. It was hard to walk, hard to use my arm, etc. I noticed blood on fingers after scratching my head. I could not feel that when scratching I had caused abrasions. Now I am very careful not to do it again, but it is hard to tell since the feeling is not there. Massaging only lessened it slightly, it was very numb/dead feeling.

I started aspirins and this helped lessen the pain the first day. In 3 days the swelling in the knee area and ankle area, plus the pins and needles, and numbness lessened more. (Except in my scalp and right side of my head).

April's doctors visit:
Blood work for MS and Lupus came back negative. I already had a lyme test earlier, which was negative.

Doctor still says he is not concerned with symptoms. He says pins and needle sensation is only from fibromyalgia, and said he has told me for 10 years I had fibromyalgia. Humm. He said it was the savella that helped...I say it was the aspirin and savella. He said it could not be the aspirin.  

Does any doctor ever visit this forum to answer questions or give advice?  

I mentioned to my DO on both visits, that I question if many of these symptoms are from the pinched nerves in the higher region where my head connects to my neck? I suggested that I be referred back to the neurologist. He states it is fibromyalgia and ignores my request to be referred back to the neurologist. He is too fast to change the subject.

TO DATE:
*My arm, leg, and ankle is free from pins and needles now. Of course, I still have the old knee injury, etc., that makes the side of my knee cap/leg area burn.
* Horrible pins and needles in the right side of my head continues. Pain in the top of the head, on forehead, right ear and behind the right ear. Hearing is good at the moment. Sight is good at the moment. Sometimes I feel blanking out or loosing a second or two.
Seem light headed when walking.

OTHER: My normal Temp usually runs around 96 to 96.5. When it drops to 95 I am sick, when it hits 99 I am sick and have a horrible headache.
I am brittle hyperactive hypoglycemia. My blood sugar numbers drop all of a sudden if I don't eat as often as my body needs. Higher protein helps tremendously. My blood sugar numbers don't go up abnormally.

Signed,
Concerned about it damaging my body permanently without me knowing.
So I ended up slipping on some stairs, having a stiff neck, and massaging my neck about 3 weeks before my stroke.  Apparently this caused my vertebral artery to dissect causing two strokes.  I did not find out about the strokes until 3 days after the initial stroke when someone (my dad) insisted I be admitted to the hospital to get an MRI and MRA with and without contrast.  The MRA is very important b/c it looks at your arteries.

I had one eye with blurry vision and it came and went.  That was the first stroke.  The second one was dizziness, throwing up, and loss of hearing.  All the doctors that I paid thought it was a migraine.  It wasn't.

I'm now deaing with the aftereffects, with headaches, and on blood thinners.  I'm so scared I'm experiencing another stroke b/c my neck is killing me, my ears sound like they are underwater, my head is constantly hurting, primarily the pain is only on the right side (my right vertebral artery was the one that tore).  My hand now is tingling and hurts a little.  I don't want to go to the hospital again and get another Catscan and MRA/MRA b/c I had 4 catscans and 2 mri/a's, and was admitted to the hospital for 9 days, 3 in the ICU.  

I am healthier than people so much younger than me!!  Resting heart rate 64, BP at 100/70, and a 1:1 cholestoral ratio.

I'm supposed to see the neurologist on Friday but may go get another MRA just to get it tomorrow while I get my blood drawn for that coumatin/blood thinner level!!

The doctors thought I had a migraine b/c of my health.  I would be dead right now if my dad, and ENT, did not insist that I be admitted to get an MRI!!
Hi everyone,
I have been having the same symtoms (symptoms) as many of you have.  I worked for a chiropractor for over seven years, and we saw these symptoms on a daily basis.  I can not say chiropractic treatment is a remedy for everyone, but alot of the numbness, neck pain, and dizziness can very well be coming from your neck.  We often carry alot of stress in our neck and shoulders.  If you have alot of tension there, your neck can easily go out of alignment.  The most common areas are between C-5 and C-6.  These are your cervical vertebraes.  If any of you had any car accidents, these two vertebraes are the most common for being thrown out of wack and creating whip lash.  So, visiting a chiropractor may help some  of you.  Be very choosy who you see though, as there are some real strange ones out there.  You want one that deals more with motor vehicle accidents, sports injuries, and stress, etc.  Not the ones that pump you with herbs and vitamins, not that that is not good in moderation, but somone that focuses on the issues at hand.  I also know that we get swelling and knots underneath our shoulder blades from computer work, sitting and hunching, poor posture, etc.  Trigger point therapy is extremely beneficial.  When these knots tighten underneath your shoulder blade, it causes numbness down the arm and hand.  Just something to look into.  I also know that if you drink alot of diet soda that has phenylalanine in it, this causes lightheadedness and dizziness.  Hope some of this info helps.  Have a wondeful day.
II was thinking it was something to with my shoulder too. I had shoulder popping and shoulder blade sticking out and discomfort all the time and at times pain. Then a couple years ago I got tingling and numbness in my left jaw and side of my neck. It comes suddenly and lasts about 10mins. It has made me disorientatefor a few seconds. I haven't found any connection to anything im doing at the time or feeling. It is scary. Pretty healthy other than anxiety attacks witch have been under control and my shoulder problem. One thing that is really weird is when the feeling goes done the back of my arm to my little finger or down the front part of my shoulder/chest. Please help with any new info.
I've been suffering with similar symptoms for 3 years now and still seeking an answer.

I experience constant tension/pressure in my head, visual floaters, neck pain, facial tingling/fullness that's predominantly on the left jaw line and cheekbone, intermittent dizziness, inability to maintain engaged in long conversations, brain fog, and random left arm tingling.

I've seen countless doctors ranging form Internists, Neurologists, Cardiologists, Chiropractors, Opthamologist, Orthopedist, etc... The most recent Neurologist I saw 2.5 hours away in Atlanta, GA says my issue is 2 bulged discs in my neck around C3 and C5 pinching nerves. He viewed the same MRI and CT Scans the other doctors had and he was the only one to see this. I just had an epidural steroid injection which made no difference at all. I'm waiting to see how he wants to proceed.

I'm also considering being tested for lymes and celiac disease just to rule them out.
I started this YEARS ago, Aug 9, 2006.  Here it is June 2011 and I'm back here, same stuff and more of it.  

My left side of my face, neck and shoulder are almost always pins and needle tingling.  Sometimes it is better, sometimes worse.  

My dizziness, about the same, until lately, when it seems to have ramped up and I really again feel like i'm almost leaning to one side when I walk at times.  I get dizzy with NO reason.  Not standing up, laying down, moving my head, nothing.  Just dizzy.

I've been to cardiologist (did an angiogram and determined I have an artery that comes out of the top of my heart and turns a sharper corner than they would like, but didn't suggest anything.  They said my heart is clean, my veins, etc, a little (gravely...pits in edges) but still didn't suggest anything.  Calcium score is o, been tested twice.  

Been to neurologist, no luck there either.  They did all sort of tests and said that it is strange that I fall asleep real fast when my head is really turned to the left, but didn't seem worried.  Not instant sleep, but when they were doing tests and my head was turned that way for 5 minutes, I would always fall asleep, but not the other way.  go figure.

They did tilt table tests, stress tredmill tests (this is why they did the angiogram, because I get dizzy) tests for my ears...watching lights, filled with water, and so on.  Nothing.

Thyroid has been checked and rechecked, I am borderline.  Tried natural hormones...if there is such a thing for over a year.  REAL expensive and NO change.  Been told my cortisol and adreanals are shot, but that is why I was taking the hormores and still no change.  No change when I quit taking them after a year also.

My doctors look at me like I'm nuts or neurotic.  I have had more than one pull out a book and show me they have tried everything it says and no luck.  

My chiropractor says my neck is a mess and I have it tweeked when I get real dizzy, seems to help, but does not stop it.  Asked him about acupuncture, but he didn't think it would do much for me.

I do know that I have now been dealing with this for over a DECADE!  It isn't normal, although sadly, it is becoming that way.  I accept anything as normal now because I'm tired of having doctors look at me like a nutball.  Isn't that sad?  

I'd like to know what is wrong with me and that really doesn't seem like it would be asking that much.  Don't know where to go from here at all.
One more no.  Not TOS.  
I have symptoms very similar.
Background, 2008 I coughed really hard and something happened.  My left shoulder started to hurt like someone stuck a piece of burning metal in it.  I took muscle relaxers and vicoden and it cut the pain 1/4.  It took a year for the pain to die off.  This is a pinched nerve.  
Then my mom passed away in 2010, which was streesful to me.
My work load picked up at that time and I had to work many hours to get it done for months.  we call it crunch, and is nothing new to me.  About 1 month after my mom passed, the HOA got on me about the fence around my house that I just moved into  more stress to fix and manual labor.  it is an acre of fence.

I was doing stuff around the house like building a fence.  I spent saturday and sunday a year ago cutting branches all day long using hand held cutting shears, and my left arm went numb then It began to hurt unbearable.  I soaked it in hot water and the pain went away as soon as it hit the water.  I found that strange.  3 days later I pulled some large plants out of the ground and felt my back issues start, and then go away.

At some point this year, right after I ate lunch, I would get slightly dizzy for about 5 minutes almost everyday.

Then 1 month ago I went out with a weed eater and cut down the weeds for 5 hours straight.  It actually caused me blisters.  I had tons of pain in my left trap muscle.  My neck tightened up.  I have had a month long headache.  I get dizzy like I am on a boat.  I feel like I am walking sideways.  One of my eyes feels like it is lazy or being streesed which makes me dizzier.  I am in a fog.  I cant concentrate as well as I used to.  I am always tired.  Like wiped out tired and I just want to go to sleep.  Sometimes I feel like I have to fight off my body wanting to just go to sleep.  Almost like fainting, but not as strong.

1 month ago the docs found my ear drums bowing out.  I was with clogged ears for 2 months. I had an infection.  They treated it and it went away.  I am still dizzy.  My neck pops when I move it.  I feel pressure build up in it.

The other night I was making dinner feeling beat down.  I had my head forward, and for about 2 minutes, I felt all pain go away, and I felt like a million bucks.  my tiredness went away.  I felt like me again.  then it came right back.

I have been spending this week in a hot tub, with the jets hitting my trap muscles.  it has been helping a little bit.  I could also lay there floating flat, with my head tilted all the way back to what is a relaxed position.  It would be like looking straight up.  I can feel the pain go away once I relax in this position.  when the pain goes away, the dizziness stops.

I am led to think this is a pinched nerve condition in the neck/between the shoulder blades.  I feel it is causing the neck and blades to tighten, which pull on my head and makes it ache.  I am going to see if I can get this to go away by doing the hot tub relaxing, and working on how I sleep.  I feel posture will play a big role in this.  Standing/sitting/sleeping.

My GF had her lower vert collapse pinching a nerve.  it caused her tons of pain down her leg, and they operated on her, and she is fine now, she just cant do heavy lifting.  It was from lifting heavy thing using her back an twisting over to the other side of her car, every night.  I dont want to be operated on!!!

I cant say what is happening to you, but I could throw this out.
I guess I would advise you to look at what you do, and see if you can be causing the pain if it is a pinched nerve, and see what you can do to stop it from being active.  I first pinched mine by simply coughing.  How could coughing cause so much pain.

I purchased a new bed, that is really firm.  I am trying to reshape my neck and spine.  It ***** to lay in, but I can say I am doing slightly better then 2 weeks ago.  I only realized my neck and back were causing this pain 1 week ago.  I was so dizzy, I did not realize that my neck and shoulders were rock hard every morning I woke.  I am hoping the new firm bed helps me.  I found my old bed to sag where I layed, pushing my shoulders forward.

Another thing I was suspecting, were my first root canals.  I keep finding dental work that can cause simlar symptoms.

I am in such a fog now, that I hope what I have wrote makes some sense....
Stress can do weird things to your body.  For the past few months I have felt like I had a band around the top of my head, felt somewhat dizzy and sometimes a little nauseous.  I went to my regular doctor and had all the tests run...blood work, ekg, etc...and all is fine.  So I started looking at the stress factor.  I asked my dr to put me on an antidepressant to see if that alleviated the symptoms.  It did.  Although I have a new symptom now, which is the tingling down the back of my head and neck.  I figure this is stress related too.  So my thoughts are...if you are certain you do not have anything physical going on, stroke, hard-attack, low blood sugar, diabeties, pinched nerve, etc., then I would look into an antidepressant.  I do not feel stressed but I decided to write down all of the major events in the last year....My daughter got married, my grandson was born, I lost a good friend to cancer, $$ issues that we have never had before, and I had my knee replaced.....hmmmmmm....sounds like a stressful year.  I just started taking 50mg of zoloft 2 weeks ago.  The band has left my head and only occasionally have a vertigo issue.  The problem is that most GP doctors don't want to talk about mental health issues so you have to ask them.  During the entire conversation with my dr (about 40 minutes) we never even hinted on the stress angle.  I went home and googled my symptoms, called her back and am now going down this path.  I am going to see a psychiatrist next since they are the experts...and I have a feeling the strange tingling down the back of my neck is going to be a common symptom of stress.  Like I said...stress can do many weird things to the body.
Hi.  Thanks both of you for taking the time to answer.  I keep hoping that somene will say something that will click.  Just sort of like me finding the article on TOS and I had SO many of the symptoms.  The young guy from the DR office that calls patiets, said GOOD NEWS, no problem and I started to cry.  Not good news to me.  Good news would be knowing what the #)$#()$* is going on after 1.5 decades!  You would think SOMEONE would know.

Bill, you hit it EXACTLY when you said it is like being on a boat and feeling like you are walking sideways.  Mine gets worse if I have been working for any time on a treadmill.  Never figured that one out.  For me, I feel like I am leaning to the left.

RC - stress, always.  I remember at one point I went to the doc and he asked if I was under stress.  I started to laugh.  He said sometimes to just list it helps; gets it off your chest.....so I did, college sr, student teaching, mom had a stroke, dad in kidney failure a jillion miles apart, teen age kids, husband looking elsewhere, father in law divorced, new property, remodeling home, change in finances, change in jobs, and the list goes on, and on, and on, and on.  Somewhere about 2/3 of the way he took out his RX pad, and when I was done he looked at me, held up the pad and said, "what would you like?"  I about died laughing.  I loved that guy, at least he took the time, and then he moved to a different office off my insurance.  I actually just looked him up again last night, and he is on the plan I now have.  I may go back.

Bill when I do anything that is repetative then I pay for it later...or during.  A lot started with me when I was remodeling a house we got years ago and painted for 2 weeks.  For the most part I was holding the can of paint in one hand and painting with the other.  Shortly after that they said I had carpal tunnel.....don't have all those symptoms, so I know I tweaked something.  

Same happens to me when I do a lot of garden work, etc., I know EXACTLY what you mean about trimming trees, there is just so much you can do.

My latest is my hand gets the worst pain in the world...sort of like when your leg cramps...have mercy.  It has only done it twice, but after my arm is like pins and needles forever.  Neither time, have I been doing anything too crazy, but am under stress.

I just wish I would figure something out.  Have to say it is nice toknow that I"m not on this crazy roller coaster alone.  Again thanks for the comments.  Good luck to both of you.
I have had pinched nerves in my neck from spurs and it makes my head and face tingle and each side of my head and back of my head go numb,everytime I see the doctor they tell me its the pinched nerves in my neck,but they dont seem to know why my wrist on my left from the middle of the vein under neath is numb all the way up my arm into my chest and then my right shoulder when I sit like now and write or just play cards,it starts hurting bad in my shoulder and if I dont stop it will travel down into my hand and my arm will get very weak,so I dont think the doctors you see wants to hear anything except do you have your payment
So I was holding steady for a while then it suddenly got so much worse.  I had a panic attack at a traffic signal.  I felt the need to run it, to get away from the car surrounding me, I felt short on breath for about 2 seconds.  When I was public speaking at work, I would get a shake down my neck like a seizure type feeling, and have to lean against the wall.  I was sleeping only 2 hours at a time.  Usually waking up with my heart racing fom dream that had nothing to do with anything but whatever my sub-con made it into.

I was at the point to where I was thinking, if something was seriously wrong with me, I was hoping it would just do whatever it was going to do to me and be done with it.

Went to the doc.  He said it sounded like anxiety with a side of depression probably caused by stress.  Put me on some meds, and I am feeling much better. Not perfect 100%  but like 80%.  No headaches.  I can concentrate.  Not so dizzy like I was.  Only dizzy like I need to get better sleep.  I do need better sleep!  The pills make it hard to get to sleep.  I only feel slightly off now.  I can actually relax at places I could not.  I am amazed at what anxiety can do.
I have the same symptoms. At onset, I have to go right to bed and any movement of my head sends me reeling. I get nauseated and my face tingles. This has been happening for about a week. I went to Dr and she put me on a sulpha drug for sinus infection. I am calling the Dr again tomorrow. Google labrinhitis(sp). That is my online diagnosis
Hi everyone..

i started feeling something strange since yesterday and i've been really worried about myself as to what it really is and why isnt it going away..
yesterday i started feeling suddent pain in my left arm, then it travelled to my shoulder and back on the left side only.. i started feeling really dizzy and drowsy.. i started to have strange sensations in my left arm and even the left leg... now my left cheek feels numb too.. my left eye all watery and the left side of my head all heavy.. i'm going to a doctor tomorrow.. but i feel strange about my condition.. i hope its not something serious,, i feel my left arm a little numb too.. with stange painful sensation i type right now..
iv had dizzy for while for last 3/4 days iv been going dizzy i had pain in back of my neck,,i was putting  cream on from chemist done it  little better but i was still going dizzy,at end i put my tens  machine on my neck and realy it as realy helped i do have arthritus in my spine so mayb  it was coming from there...it is very worrying  when one as pain and dizzyness with it ..realy,,and some of my drs dont give dam...at times..
I have had symptoms dollar to you guys as well. I have been dizzy like a spinning dizzy and had nausea not to the point were I'm throwing up every time. I have had the pins and needles running from my neck to my shoulder on my left side, as well as tingling and numbness on the left side of my face included with huge headaches toward the back of my head on my left side as well. I went to the doctors and he just gave me pills for stress; I do not feel as if it is stress though I feel like it is something else. I wish I could stop it before it gets to bad! It comes to a point were I cannot stand it anymore. Today my eye and lip started twitching but like I said before the doctors can't find anything wrong with me!!! I just hope that nothing major occurs and that my lip will not become all crucid. Since the doctors cannot help all I can do is pray to God and hope that everything gets better. I hope you all get better too...
Are the doctors telling you they can help you? Or is this something you will have to live with? Are they able to treat the pinched nerves or the bone spurs? And how? What has worked for you to help lessen the pain?

I've had shots/blocks that anesthesiologist administers. Cost thousands but only short term or no relief. Therapy didn't help but it did help loosen the muscles (short term). Pain 24x7. Purchased different mattresses. A hard mattress makes the pain more severe. A feather pillow is softer and is better than a foam pillow. Sitting makes things much worse. I can not have my head in a normal position. I need to look down somewhat. And I must always work my neck (move it). I always have inflammation and tightness that causes pain. When movement pinches the nerves, pain is somewhat like nerve pain when you hit your elbow tender spot severely hard. Only it is a nerve from the back of my head, shooting into my temple, and into my eye. I can not wear a hair band, no necklaces, sometimes I can't brush my hair on the backside from the pain. No blouses with collars, no winter coats with collars, etc.

So far, the only side it affects is the right side. It affects my hearing at times (right ear only), it affects my vision at times (right eye only). I have the feeling of swelling inside my skull plus the symptoms that go with that! When the swelling sensation is there, it feels like I have an infection that will take my life. I run a fever at times, but not always.

My neurologist says it is pinched nerves and believes the outcome of surgery might make things worse. Then my primary says my neurologist is incorrect and it is only fibromyalgia. I do know it is more than fibromyalgia, but the savella meds do help tremendously with pain and tingling (pain and tingling only) but it does make you feel like live is very boring. When the meds are discontinued, I "love" to work from morning to evening...but the pain comes back without the meds.
I have had all of the symptoms you mention in this thread....for fifteen years I didn't have a correct diagnosis...they told me chronic fatigue syndrome, and fibromylagia (fibromyalgia) but that didn't explain everything...complicated migraines plus the other did. The key was that I have migraine aura that is not typical...numbness, tingling, pain in limbs but not necessarily head pain or visual aura. Go to mymigraineconnection.com to read about the anatomy of a migraine and you will probably find it matches a lot of what is going on with you, there is answers and real physical reasons why this stuff happens to your body and you aren't crazy...migraines with aura that are complicated can even present stroke-like. There are doctors who do know about this stuff but they are rare your best bet is to educate yourself. Best of luck to all of you in finding relief for the symptoms.
Hi everyone! I too have been having similiar symtoms (symptoms) for over a year now and all my tests have come back normal from cat scans to mri, chest x-ray, ekg, blood work etc..there are so many things that can cause and or mimic dizziness and tingling/pins and needles that it is difficult for doctor's to pin point the cause. Digestion problems is just one of the many that can cause dizziness..even more so Stress is a very big role player in dizziness..whether you are or not under stress I am no one to say nor judge..I just know with my past experience with dealing with high levels of stress. Even if you are no longer stressed now your body could very well be simply trying to recover and or heal from the high amounts it was put under for such a long period of time. Hormonal imbalance, diet, digestion, sleep patterns, etc..the list goes on but just to name a few these all play a big role in how well your body copes with stress. I too have experienced pins and needles in head face hands and feet and even legs. I still have no answer to my symptoms either but will say looking back at all my symptoms very well were initionally brought on while I was under a great deal of stress. I will say there are certain medications that can and will in my past experience cause tingling/pins and needles throughout the body as well. I noticed my pins and needles all started with antibiotics I took for chronic sinus infections..now this was amount 8 months ago which have been greatly reduced. I still have them from time to time so I think for me anyway they are related to the high amounts of stress I put my body under for such a great lenghth of time and my body is still trying to heal from this. If you look up symtoms (symptoms) from stress and anxiety you find in black and bold dizziness, tingling/pins and needles. Again even if you are not under stress anymore your body may simply still be and may take some time to heal. Also we are not in college anymore we are grower older and we are going to have symptoms that come and go with no explanation. It is scary but what do you do if the doctors have no answer..worry yourself sick constantly looking for an answer a reason an explanation you may never find..keep running from to doctor to doctor and specialist to specialist to still find no answer..which will only consume you body and mind inducing more stress and striping you of peace of mind happiness and life...
You wouldn't to have happened to have had any gastric or more so Thorasic surgery have you?

if so please contact me.

Ben
***@****
Hi I am a heart patient who takes 9 medications a day, but, thank God I am feeling better.
First time I had a pain in my back on 2/2/09, from carrying a heavy shopping cart, next day went to work with pain in back, left early because of pain.
Next day went to work everything was fine.
Third day went to work everything was fine, until I get home and started with a stomach ache, I ate something and felt full and went to bed, when suddenly I woke up about 2 hours later I was with vomit all over me. So I got up feeling sick and sick to my stomach, I went to take a shower and when all of a sudden I get sick, dizzy and my neck is killing me I feel that feeling when like your drunk, I put cold water on me until finally it subsides, so I come out of bathtub, put on my PJs and fix my bed and go back to sleep, my daughter came over to check on me and wanted me to go to hospital I said no because it felt like a stomach virus, so she said alright and to call her if I got worse, well mind you I slept that wed, thurs and friday without getting up just going to bathroom, all I did was sleep. Then finally that saturday I felt a little better, and I went and paid a bill and then had to call taxi because I was very weak, and went home and ate something and back to bed, then that sunday my friend picked me up and spent the day at her house even played cards, and the following day since I felt a little better I went to work like that, I went and my co worker saw me and said I look like a ghost all pale and weak, so I took her advice and went to see a private dr. since I did'nt have health insurance, so I got examined and said everything is fine, just a stomach virus so he thought, but, then he decides to give me a ekg test, when he did, he wanted to do it again it came out the same so he went and told me he has to call 911 to pick me up because he thought I had a heart attack.  
Well 911 came 5 min later and they took me and gave me the nitro under my tongue and all that other stuff they do, well we get to emergency and while I am going in everyone just looks at me and I am smiling and saying hi to them they probably thought I was looney, well they take me in I take my clothes off and put gown, then they started to check my heart with ekg and they tell me I had a heart attack, I said I did! well I didnt have no pain just my neck was killing me thats the only pain I had and my heart was fluttering a lot but, they did the angio plasti and put dye in my arteries, then they said I had a heart attack 48 hours ago which was saturday, and now it was monday, so they found 3 arteries were clogged the one that gave me heart attack was 95% clogged they did unclog it was successful, and put a stent there, the other 2 were 70% clogged and they said with medication it will go away.
Well since 2009 I have been with Plavix, Zocor 80 mlgs, aspirin, metoloprol 25mlgs, enanaphril 10mlgs, acid reflux meds 40 mlgs, Metformin because I developed diabetes after the heart attack, but, now my bad cholesterol is 144 and good is 50 and my tryglis is 160 everything is normal thank God and my blood pressure has been stable since then but, I am still taking the choleterol meds but, lower 40 mlgs now which is Pravastatin 40 mlgs.
But, then last year they took a special blood test for allergies, they discovered I have a blood clots, Antifosfolipid antibody syndrome, which is an auto immune disorder, so I have to take plavix for the rest of my life now plus, Verapamil for this disorder so my life now is pills. But, thank God I feel much better I am stronger and I am eating properly, and walking and going to church which has made my life better as I am serving the Lord and ask him he shall heal you too just look toward the Lord for all these ailings everyone is feeling if not go to church, read the bible the bible can teach you good things in life that people are feeling and you will feel better about yourself and the people around you. I had to let everyone know what I went thru in my life and what symtoms (symptoms) people feel when they are sick without us knowing it. SO GOD BLESS EVERYONE AND LOOK TOWARDS GOD'S WORKS AND WORD. IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
P.S Hope this was a lttle help to what you are all feeling.
Hi Nancy -- I've read your posts since 2006 and your symptoms sound very similar to my husband's.  He, too, has been feeling bad for nearly a decade.  We're not sure how it all started, but think it was when he had a detached retina.  He's had eight eye surgeries since -- cataract, laser, strabismus, etc. -- and still has double vision. Seems that the one eye problem just led to others.  Accompanying this is tightness in the shoulders, neck, and under the eye.  It all seems to be on the right side, which is the eye he had the detached retina in.  Since that detachment, he has also had surgery for a retinal tear in the other eye.  He has severe nasal drainage...and I mean SEVERE.  Let's just leave it at that.

He has dizziness and feels off-balance.  He feels out of it.  When he takes a shower, it's like the water does something to his ears.  That's when he feels most dizzy.

He's been to Mayo, Johns Hopkins, Saint Louis University and many, many physicians.  He's seen, in addition to a whole host of ophthalmologists and his primary care physician, otolaryngologists, neurologists, pain managment specialists, a dermatologist (he had some skin cancer removed from his back and when the anesthesia was administered, the pain went away, but not the tightness, so he went back and asked for another shot!), an oncologist, a neuro surgeron, neuro-ophthalmologist, pulmonologist/sleep medicine specialists (can't sleep but has only borderline apnea), a rheumatologist, and a gastroenterologist (has stomach aches and then episodes of vasovagal syncope).  I may have left out a few...it's a long list.  He's had every test you can imagine -- some two or three times -- and no one can find anything. He's had surgery to clip a nerve on his face to see if that would help, but didn't.  At 53, he had his tonsils an uvula out to see if that would help his swallowing and choking problems, but that caused more excessive drainage.

He is now seeing a pain management specialist who is giving him injections -- one nerve at a time, every three weeks -- to see if, or which, nerve is causing his problems.  We are lucky to have found a pain management physician who is interested in helping, and challenged to find an answer so he keeps trying.  Many physicians have dismissed it as phychological.  Oh, yeah, he's been to a psychiatrist, too.  He's on blood pressure medicine, thyroid medicine and cholesterol medication.  And, as you may have guessed, he's on an anti-depressant.  

Where are the answers?  It is just amazing to me that no one seems to know what is wrong.  Any and all comments/suggestions are welcome.  I will be praying for him, and for all of you on this site.
Oops!  Forgot...he's done PT, and been to chiropractors and accupuncturists.  Never feels like doing anything but laying down so the dizziness and off-balance feeling will be better. :-(
This sounds so familiar .. my husband is having some of the same issues.  He will be watching TV and say he can only see 1/2 of their faces, but everything else.  He has been dizzy, had tingling feelings in his face, shoulder & arm.  Also, headaches.  He has had his neck x-rayed, and was told that there is very little cushion between 6 and 7.  Sometimes he says his eyes are crossed, but I can't see it.  Lots of times he says he sees something like worms .... and has been dizzy to the point of being nauseous.  Looking for answers, not sure what type of Dr. to start with ??
I've had this for about a year now and only two things help.  1) A green smoothie for breakfast each morning and 2) A product from Nu Skin called Life Pak Nano (it's a multivitamin).  The days I miss my smoothie my headaches, tingling and fuzzy head are the worst.  The first few days I started taking my vitamin were the first time I didn't have a headache in months.

I've been to 4 different doctors, had the MRI, microbubble test, blood work, and cholestoral test.  I've even gone to a chiropractor, had therapeutic massages, tried sleeping more, and the smoothie and vitamins are the only things that works.  They have lessened my headache intensity and when I take it daily it will wipe out the symptoms almost all together. I've tried muscle relaxants and other headache pills that don't work for long.

I'm not 100% better but I can say with confidence the green smoothie and pills did something when nothing else worked.  The green smoothie is just fruit blended with ice and some spinach leafs.  I would say the smoothie has the biggest impact.  Hope this helps.
Has anyone heard of Chiari Malformation, you will be amazed at the symptoms all of you mention being a part of this... I am currently trying to find out if this is my problem and it may not be what is wrong with me...you need a MRI to find it and I know some have had that done, but it is not well know about yet so some of the X- ray techs or Doctors just don't pay attention to it and won't even mention it...if you research this you will read about a lot of people who went thru doctors who did this.... from what I have researched so far it is always found by accident when you have an MRI ...so research this...and I hope everyone finds relief.
I'm sorry I posted the same thing twice..  this is my first time doing this and don't know how to remove it. I forgot to tell you to look up Chiari Malformation symptoms ... I have most of them so you will understand if I make any future mistakes.... if anyone discovers this is there problem, please post it ...thank you
i hope that everyone starts to feel better...good luck
Same thing has happened to me. I thought i was having a stroke. Think its a trapped nerve. Not helped by my pillow arrangement. You need a triangular pillow to support your head and neck. Stress does not help by way of not sleeping well and fidgetting all night. I take sleep aid from chemist and that helps.
I agree about the chiropractor- my daughter has had problems lately with migraines, dizziness, visual disturbances, neck pain.  We saw many specialists and had many tests done.  It was decided she has complex migraines and we also discovered she has extremely low blood pressure.  We decided to give the chirpractor a try and she has been gooing for over a month now.  No migraine since, neck pain is much better- she is still seeing him  twice a week but eventually she will only need to go once a month for maintenence.  She is so much happier as she is not only feeling better but feels there is hope.  We are now concentrating on the low blood pressure which she was told to try and manage by keeping hydrated with water and by moving her body (she always feels better when she is physically active).  These things have helped but she is still experiencing bouts of dizziness particularly while sitting in class.  So if anyone has any thoughts or experience with this I'd appreciate your feedback. Wish you all well.
Do you live near a golf course or other place where strong chemicals are used at all?  Or did your job involve chemicals of any kind?  Have you looked into food allergies or intollerances ( possibly to colourings, or preservatives rather than to actual food ).  Low blood pressure can cause extreme dizziness and nausea which comes on with a hot sweating type of feeling. Also - if your muscles are very tight or knotted there can sometimes be a blockage to the nerve impulses in neck or shoulder area.  I would recommend an Osteopath rather than a Chiropractor - or often you find someone who has combined both of these modalities - An osteopath can work more finely with the nervous system.  I hope that you find a solution to these disturbing problems so that you can enjoy your time free from work.
I agree with the comments about yoga and massage also - these are the most important and helpful things we can do for ourselves.  
Someone mentioned that their husband sees "worms" in front of his eyes - my mum used to call this a "billious attack" - whether it has anything to do with the liver or whether it is a type of migraine symptom I'm not sure.
Take care xxx
I just had another thought - as the symptoms originated in your left cheek - have you had your wisdom teeth checked?  These can cause pressure on nerves occasionally.  Just a thought .
I have had all the symptoms that most people are having,tingling, pins and needles etc on the left side of my face, down my shoulder and into the top of my chest.I also have a sore left elbow for the past year which I was told was tennis elbow but I am right handed.
I am now seen a chiropractor in Dublin who took x-rays and said my bones are all over the place, I am 48.He reckons I may have a pinched nerve in my neck or back or both.He has started treatment and already after 2 weeks my elbow pain has almost gone and my pins and needles have improved somewhat.
If you suffer from back or neck pain maybe you should try this route.
All the best.
Colm
Low blood pressure is helped by an increasein sodium/salt. Just make sure her doc is okay with it. Google an illness called pots postural orthotic tachycardia syndrome and see if she has any other symptoms along with the low blood pressure.
I'm having a very similar problem. I wonder if you are hydrated, getting enough minerals, electrolytes, etc. This is happening to me in the wake of not having much to eat for a few days after a long bike ride on a warm day. I am at the point where it comes and goes. I am hoping that getting my hydration and nutrition back in line I will feel consistently better. I supplement sometimes with 5-HTP (for serotonin) and  GABA Calm (GABA/tyrosine for dopamine and such). You may want to read about these and determine if they could be helpful for you.
i don"t have any pain but i suffer from horrible dizziness that also causes nauciousness.I was in a car accident about 14 years ago and suffered diziness right after that,but then it went away.Now it has been back for the last several years including feeling of fullness in my ears,terrible dizziness,nausea and i get cold.clammy sweaty feeling accompanied by shakieness..i have been to 2 ents had am mri and cat scan of my head and seen  a neurologist.nothing seems to be helping could an old neck injury be causing this?it seems worse when i have to be looking up or down for a period of time...what type of dr can help?
Hi All,
I was reading these and they go back through the years and I was sorry so much time has passed with so many people fearful.   With negative MRIs and tests, the hard part is over for most of you.  I repeatedly saw the symptoms of 1.) pinched nerves and 2.) Vertigo or particularly - Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV).   Both of which do not show up in tests, but rather are determined by the symptons.  

Pinched nerves can cause everything from muscle pain to panic attacks.  There was one girl on here who had a "tapping" and everything she explained sounded like the classical "pop" when you pinch a nerve.  

Also, for Vertigo, I finally got relief from the craziest exercise which helps dislodge some of the calcium pieces ?) in the inner ear so they can reattach in a place that doesn't cause vertigo (dizziness).   One gentleman here says he is seeing worm like things and his eyes cross.  Sounds like definite vertigo.  I found an exercise called the Epley Maneuver.  There is also the Semont or Brandt-Daroff exercises. Here is a video showing the Brandt-Daroff exercise (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhinu_oU_hM) and the Epley Maneuver) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1HU-CCg2Y&feature=related).  The Epley worked best for me.  

I had the same thing and have the same treatment and yes chiro and massage help! It doesn't cure it but instead of me being this way 100% of the time its like 50% of the time and not as bad when it does happen so i'm happy.
Hi, finally all symptoms gone.

I had all those symptoms.  3 months of hell.  Stiff neck, had to keep cracking it to make any difference.  Slept ok but on waking up the stiffness, confusion, tingling, vertigo etc.,  Spent fortune on physio, massages etc.,  Solution was very simple.  

Cause was using chat on my phone, constantly looking down and typing.  RSI followed.  First, stop chatting on phone/texting, facebooking etc.,  

Then get the bottom part of your palm of your hand, just above the wrist, and massage the muscle behind your ear [mine was right hand side] but underneath and behind your ear.  You will find instant relief and symptoms disappear within 10 minutes.  Massage using firmish pressure in a circular motion.  That does the trick!
you have described exactly what i feel I thought i was the only one that felt this and i myself had several car accidents plus fell on my back in 2000, so if anyone could give us an answer plz do
My situation started a few days ago... Oddly enough, I was putting up Christmas decorations at work, & suddenly I just felt odd. I had numbness to the face (centrally located), pain to the right side of my chest, & a bit of dizziness. At first I thought "STROKE?!!?", but being that (ironically) I am a 911 dispatcher, fluent in Emergency Medical Dispatch, I started walking myself through the tests, & had my partner validate that I was doing fine. I am hoping it's Costocondritis, but we shall see...
My situation started a few days ago... Oddly enough, I was putting up Christmas decorations at work, & suddenly I just felt odd. I had numbness to the face (centrally located), pain to the right side of my chest, pain under the jaw line on the left side & a bit of dizziness. At first I thought "STROKE?!!?", but being that (ironically) I am a 911 dispatcher, fluent in Emergency Medical Dispatch, I started walking myself through the tests, & had my partner validate that I was doing fine. I am hoping it's Costocondritis, but we shall see...
I had a nek injury 3 years a go, a car hit me in the parking area, I had a lot of fisio therapy but  the damige is still here, now I heve a teengle on my  right side of the nek, face, shoulder, the worst is wen I going to sleep, it is a night mare, the doctors say no much they can do, they become like atrites and I have to learn to live with, please any one can give me a answer, thank you
You have every symptom of B12 deficiency.. Any doc can give those shots.. first go get some capsules of B complex then get those shots and blood work..Demand it, docs sometimes don't get it
Sounds like B12 deficiency or parathyroid problems..the latter are not known much to docs.. look at John Norman's site.  
great advice, thanks
Dr 's seem to forget about cervicogenic dizziness which can cause all of the symptoms you have described, as well as, many of the other posts describing similar symptoms.

Vestibular rehabilitation by physical therapy should help resolve the symptoms. :-)
Vestibular.org/cervicogenic-dizziness
Ask your Dr. about cervicogenic dizziness and request physical therapy for vestibular rehabilitation. I sincerely hope this will help you. Also, compazine will help will help with the nausea until the therapy resolves the problem with cervicogenic dizziness.
I've had very similar symptoms as you.  Did you every figure out what was causing your symptoms?
Many years have passed, hope u r well. I have had your experience. I finally got so desperate that I went to the local chiropractic,who is very good. I had just finished 8 wks PT but my neck muscles were rigid. I was scared I was losing my mind the dizziness was affecting me so. He asked his massage gal to treat me first. She did a technique new to me that involved lifting my head while sitting. She said the cranial bones were involved, too tight. After an adjustment I felt like the blood was flowing back to my brain. Like a miracle.

Hi there!  I know you haven't been on this forum in several years, but I've had the same symptoms you describe for 4 years no with no resolution.  Was wondering if you ever found a way to fix it! Thanks!