allergies to med
After carotid artery surgery had severe allergic reation to Plavix.  How long does it take for the Plavix to get out of the body?
Hi, I don't have the answer to your question but my mom is about to have that surgery and is taking plavix. She has been waking up at night jerking and feeling weird. We think it may be the plavix. Since you couldn't take the plavix after the surgery have you been perscribed something else or how are your doctors dealing with this.
Hi jmetwin,
How are you? It’s been  2 months since your allergy to Plavix and and i hope you’re fine now.
The main component of Plavix is Clopidogrel, usually used in prevention of atherothrombotic events in stroke, heart attack, or peripheral arterial diseases. The usual dose is 75 mg daily with or without food. This  is rapidly absorbed and concentrations  in the blood are very low beyond 2 hrs  and is extensively metabolized by the liver . The usual allergic reactions are found in the Gastrointestinal system such as diarrhea, abdominal pain or dyspepsia.
But with any allergic reaction to medications, it’s always good to see your doctor so proper adjustment or change of medications should be done.
You can get more information about Plavix at this site: http://www.mims.com/Page.aspx?menuid=mng&name=Plavix+film-coated+tab&h=plavix
I hope this can help. Take care and please do update us.
Doesn't sound like any allergic reactions to Plavix that I've heard about.....I'd certainly check w/ the doc about it and see what other possibilities may exist if he/she rules out the Plavix.  Best of luck to your mom w/ her upcoming surgery!
Hi Juliejas,

How is your mom? How  was her surgery? I think what she felt is not an allergic reaction to Plavix either. Did her doctors find the cause of her jerking before the surgery? There are other medical alternatives but it would be best that your doctors know about this so they can properly evaluate and manage your mom.

Take care and regards.