Stroke Community
brain hemorrhage surgery prognosis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

brain hemorrhage surgery prognosis

my uncle had a stroke with mild paralytic symptoms .he was rushed to the hospital and admitted in icu .the next day he had hemorrhage due to the selling which ruotured the artery.immediately he was operated.it has been almost a week he is on ventillator .his skull is removed due to swelling in some part of brain.still in sedative state he moves his hands,eye movement is ther,he responds to voices ,but i dont know whether it is from doctors side that they are keeping him in icu for money or it takes time.now we are planning to shift him to pgi chandigarh.can u help me out with ur experiences what can be the prognosis .
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament, but it is difficult to predict the prognosis. As I understand, to begin with it was ischemic stroke. Sometimes you start with a clot, take anti-coagulants and end up with a bleed. The etiology of the stroke is important. Also, the recovery will depend on the area of the brain affected and the extent of injury. If the "stroke" is stabilized, and there is no further bleeding or clotting I would remain optimistic. Also, as the post-operative swelling and inflammation subside, his symptoms should improve. Please don’t hesitate to discuss in detail his prognosis with the doctors treating him, based on this discussion, you can plan for further course of action.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank