Stroke Community
chest pain, dizziness and cold sweats toay...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

This morning when I got out of bed I experienced severe dizziness, nausea, blurred vision and chest pain.  The experience was so serious I thought I could be having a stroke or heart attack and actually asked my 3 year old to get me the phone so I could call the hospital if I needed to.  I sat down in my bathroom and after about 20 minutes of cold sweats and gagging the symptoms went away.  My t-shirt was visibly soaked around my ribs and I was a little weak, but seemed to be fine after that - though a bit shaken up.  For the last 3 or 4 hours my chest has felt a bit fluttery, and a bit bruised to the touch near the left center, but not tight and constricted as it did this morning.  

I do not have a history of any serious or chronic disorders but have had what I call "mini heart attacks" where it feels like my heart skips 5 beats and it takes my breath away while this is occurring - every few months infrequently for about 20 years, but have not had anything bring me to the floor since I was about 12.  I'm in my early 30's now.  I also recently began taking (5-6 days now) a prescription of phentermine 37.5.  Could this be a reaction to the medication or a bigger issue I should look into?  Should I also discontinue or modify my use of this medication?  I know the symptoms of heart attack and stroke can be different for women than for men, thus I thought I should ask rather than just assuming everything is now OK.  I know I've covered a lot of your board topics here, but wasn't quite sure where to post!  Thanks in advance for your help!