Stroke Community
flu like symptoms after a stroke
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

flu like symptoms after a stroke

Hello,
My mom had a brain stem stroke 3 months ago. She is making progress and doing much better though our family would like to ask a few questions.
Our mom (Suzanne) can not swallow so needless to say she can not eat.
If anyone has any information on success with relearning to swallow after a stroke would be great.
Our mom also just told us yesterday that ever since her stroke she says she always feels like she has a flu.
Weak, a little dizzy, and no strength.
Are these symptoms common after a stroke? And the symptoms lasting everyday for the last three months?
If anyone can give us answers, suggestions, or comments that would be wonderful!!